Ramair MK 2 - has yours held up or shredded?

Has your Ramair filter remained whole?

• No problems! :)

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No end of problems! :(

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

cr0ft

Living Legend
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
I'm curious as to what the "state of Ramair" is with the new variant of the filter. So I figured why not poll.

Has your filter held up? Or has it shredded around the intakes necessitating replacement? I'm primarily looking for answers about the updated version where they properly allowed for the flange on the intakes, not the original version.

Mine has only been on for about a year now but when I was doing all of the winter stuff to the bike and inspected the filter the rubber is good and the filter is doing just fine.

bob

I just installed Ramair and I can see how they could have had issues from over tightening the clamps and deforming the rubber. The clamps are a kinda soft metal and have a little memory unlike standard hose clamps that are springy? If you're careful to pre-shape them first to be a near perfect fit and then only tighten them ever so lightly, I think they will last a long time. Some people are using tie-wraps which is actually probably a better idea, I mean the filter isn't really going to come off unless you incur a really big backfire through the throttle body.
Definitely lets more air in, it is audible.

I just installed mine, were extra careful with the clamps. Tighted to "finger strength" and then 3/4 of turn with wrench. Hopefully that is enough but not too much. Was careful with the breather filter too.

I found the clips that were supplied with the filter were deforming the rubber so i used cable ties....Been fitted for about a year without any problems.

Back