The recharge kit does the filter about twice, they sell the oil in a lt bottle and I believe they have solution for cleaning in a larger bottle. Just fyi for anyone interested

The recharge kit does the filter about twice, they sell the oil in a lt bottle and I believe they have solution for cleaning in a larger bottle. Just fyi for anyone interested
Hey Kev, any clues about how often the filter needs cleaning and oiling? I forget the brand name but before installing RamAir I had a foam oil type cleaner that came with a spray can of oil. Wonder if I can use that same spray on oil.....? Can I clean the filter by dunking in a bath of liquid Dawn? Or for that matter, optionally, can I just run the filter with no oil? Seems to me I read somewhere RamAir comes pre-oiled. I really can't tell, seems dry to me.

Hey Kev, any clues about how often the filter needs cleaning and oiling? I forget the brand name but before installing RamAir I had a foam oil type cleaner that came with a spray can of oil. Wonder if I can use that same spray on oil.....? Can I clean the filter by dunking in a bath of liquid Dawn? Or for that matter, optionally, can I just run the filter with no oil? Seems to me I read somewhere RamAir comes pre-oiled. I really can't tell, seems dry to me.
It does come pre oiled. A few captains use dawn soap to clean with no problems. If its not dusty in your area it probably doesn’t need much to keep clean. Ram air says other stuff will cause damage to glue but i really dont know i just use there stuff, there oil which is like rockoil ive posted picture i can try and find, so maybe wash with soap and then put in a bag and oil. But your riding will decide the cleaning requirements.

This is the oil they send in the aluminum bottle in charge kit. Source; ram air. i think they do the kits so theyre product can last as long as possible living where its asked to live, normally in the naked, exposed to 100 mph winds and air being forced into it like no one cares. But, heres the oil, that cleaning solution they sale is theres.

Attachments

• 279261EA-A5BA-49E0-8557-788B7419ADB5.png
    279261EA-A5BA-49E0-8557-788B7419ADB5.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 32
It does come pre oiled. A few captains use dawn soap to clean with no problems. If its not dusty in your area it probably doesn’t need much to keep clean. Ram air says other stuff will cause damage to glue but i really dont know i just use there stuff, there oil which is like rockoil ive posted picture i can try and find, so maybe wash with soap and then put in a bag and oil. But your riding will decide the cleaning requirements.
I will add that they recommend not using anything other than what they sell as it's not actually oil on the filters but a polymer concoction. I saw a picture of an intake not cleaned and possibly treated with the wrong stuff. I'll try to find it.

I will add that they recommend not using anything other than what they sell as it's not actually oil on the filters but a polymer concoction. I saw a picture of an intake not cleaned and possibly treated with the wrong stuff. I'll try to find it.
Yes!

This is the oil they send in the aluminum bottle in charge kit. Source; ram air. i think they do the kits so theyre product can last as long as possible living where its asked to live, normally in the naked, exposed to 100 mph winds and air being forced into it like no one cares. But, heres the oil, that cleaning solution they sale is theres.
Kevin,
I've been looking for 1L Rock Oil factory foam & can't locate a distributor that has it in the area or can ship it. Can you tell me where you acquired it?
Thanks neighbor!
Gary Chambers
Aka Black Sails
Franklin, Tn

Attachments

• 20210426_085406.jpg
    20210426_085406.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5
Back