Yellowstone sux. Yosemite almost as bad. PCH sux for traffic, crowds & cold. Scenery is indeed awesome!
1) We could easy do 5 great days around WA and along the Columbia River?
2) I have bedroom with ONE queen bed & Y'all are welcome (1 or 2 close friends at a time. Also have a fenced back yard for some tents.

Depending on numbers attending, this could be done with only 2 paid motel nites.

July thru September are the best for weather, with August to mid September being prime.

Yellowstone sux. Yosemite almost as bad. PCH sux for traffic, crowds & cold. Scenery is indeed awesome!
1) We could easy do 5 great days around WA and along the Columbia River?
2) I have bedroom with ONE queen bed & Y'all are welcome (1 or 2 close friends at a time. Also have a fenced back yard for some tents.

Depending on numbers attending, this could be done with only 2 paid motel nites.

July thru September are the best for weather, with August to mid September being prime.

Agree on Yellowstone and Yosemite. The latter was great when I camped there in the 60s but now is so crowded the park service is considering limiting visitors, or already doing so. I was pretty disappointed in Yellowstone except the rides in the vicinity, the Beartooth Hwy and Chief Joseph Hwys etc., are stunning. Cook City MT would be a good place to stage except it can't be anywhere close to the Sturgis dates because the old lodge there has become somewhat of a ride destination.
132 Soda Butte Lodge (800 x 600).jpg

I'm riding to Cook City this year.

That Rocket gathering in Packwood Station in White Pass of the Cascades we had a few years ago was great. You were just passing through with your brother when we met. There are some great rides, to include down to the Columbia, Rainier etc. Also good lodging and a nice tavern/restaurant. That's a possibility.

Mike we just did Spearfish & Sturgis area, Devil's Tower, Beartooth, Dead Indian, Cody & Jelly stone last summer.

Back