Agree on Yellowstone and Yosemite. The latter was great when I camped there in the 60s but now is so crowded the park service is considering limiting visitors, or already doing so. I was pretty disappointed in Yellowstone except the rides in the vicinity, the Beartooth Hwy and Chief Joseph Hwys etc., are stunning. Cook City MT would be a good place to stage except it can't be anywhere close to the Sturgis dates because the old lodge there has become somewhat of a ride destination.
132 Soda Butte Lodge (800 x 600).jpg

I'm riding to Cook City this year.

That Rocket gathering in Packwood Station in White Pass of the Cascades we had a few years ago was great. You were just passing through with your brother when we met. There are some great rides, to include down to the Columbia, Rainier etc. Also good lodging and a nice tavern/restaurant. That's a possibility.

Mike,
Cook city is a huge motel price gouge!
Beartooth Pass & Dead Indian Pass from Red Lodge, MT to Cody, WY is the best ride that area has to offer!

Washington is too far for me to ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not to fly,,,,,,and rent a Honda rebel,,,

Washington is too far for me to ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not to fly,,,,,,and rent a Honda rebel,,,

Amigo,
WHAT?!
I've ridden to OK & beyond several times from WA!
If ya do fly in here, we'll (Dan & I) come up with a ride for you.

Amigo,
WHAT?!
I've ridden to OK & beyond several times from WA!
If ya do fly in here, we'll (Dan & I) come up with a ride for you.
I have no problem riding there, the problem is with time, if i ride i would spend my entire vacation on the road:(

I have no problem riding there, the problem is with time, if i ride i would spend my entire vacation on the road:(

AH, HA!
Now I Habla . . .
Por favor, Amigo!
PS - anybody know how to turn this PITA spell checker OFF?

@mexican I understand, that's why we trailered to Spearfish, I would have loved to ride, but I would have spent at least 3 days each way. Only reason I can do west coast now is I'm semi retired, I could never have had enough time when I had a job.

Well I'll ride to Cook City, of which I have fond memories, by myself this summer and enjoy the beauty of the area.

If we add in Spokane for a night with a trip through parts of Idaho, including the Lewiston Grade and Snake Canyon area. I can put up a few people, I have a futon, a couple or three inflatable beds and a couple of double size cots. You may have to share a big room but it beats a hotel for price. ;)

bob

upload_2017-11-26_21-24-36.png

Back