We could easy spend a week just riding the great roads of Washington!
We also likely have enough Rocket Owners Northwest members to accommodate some sleep bag/air matress flops.

That little short one also has the thrill of about a 2000ft change in elevation in that short little span. :)

@Navigator , Mike, I am sure you have done MT 12 from Missoula back from Lewiston, haven't you? If not it makes for a nice ride. Super slab over to Missoula, spend the night and then come back on MT 12 to Lewiston and points west and north.

bob

One time I rode to Boise Bob, heading up 95 and we hit the 12 at Kooskia and into Missoula. Several years ago my son, a Canadian friend and I rode 2 east, 200 out of Sand Point to 93, 90 and into Missoula. Returning home we rode Lolo, down 12 and must have gotten onto 95 because we rode into Hell's Canyon and crossed over the Snake at some point. We did not go through Lewiston. It was summer 2011 and I just can't recall for certain the route we took to cross over the Snake. Darned pretty river that one is. It was great ride right up until the deer jumped out in front of my son and my hear almost stopped.

Last edited:
Another road I'd like to take in Idaho is 93 to 75 at Shoshone and up through Sun Valley, the Sawtooth National Forrest, back on 93 and up into the Bitterroot. There is even the little town of Triumph off of the East Fork Big Wood River Rd.

The Bitterroot plays prominently in some of our old west fiction novels.

Another road I'd like to take in Idaho is 93 to 75 at Shoshone and up through Sun Valley, the Sawtooth National Forrest, back on 93 and up into the Bitterroot. There is even the little town of Triumph off of the East Fork Big Wood River Rd.

The Bitterroot plays prominently in some of our old west fiction novels.

Have ridden all that area a number of times.
Ever rode Trail Creek Road from 93 near Chille (northeast of Sun Valley) the back way into town?

We could easy spend a week just riding the great roads of Washington!
We also likely have enough Rocket Owners Northwest members to accommodate some sleep bag/air matress flops.

STEVE is RAA west happening this summer?

Why don't we get together for coffee sometime soon Steve, say this week or early next, and chat this one up.

Back