Why don't we get together for coffee sometime soon Steve, say this week or early next, and chat this one up.

WA, ID, MT, OR roller? Although the Eastern WA, ID, MT can all be accessed from Spokane or Couer d'Alene so it wouldn't have to be much of a roller.

bob

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!
Let's rock this Northwest ride!
I think The Loop would be the #1 ride. Two easy days of about 250 miles each.
Day 1 from Tacoma Narrows Bridge along Hood Canal, up to Pt Townsend for lunch. On to Pt Angeles & Hurricane Ridge, Neah Bay & Forks for the night. Day 2 the Hoh rain forrest & coast ride to Ocean Shores then back to Tacoma.
Bring bags & we can crash at my place the nights before & after.
For Day 3, I would suggest a ride north thru Carnation then east on 20 over the North Cascades to Winthrop & then on to Spokane.
That would be a long Day 3, but doable . . .
You're on, Bob!

ALRIGHTY THEN!!!
Let's rock this Northwest ride!
I think The Loop would be the #1 ride. Two easy days of about 250 miles each.
Day 1 from Tacoma Narrows Bridge along Hood Canal, up to Pt Townsend for lunch. On to Pt Angeles & Hurricane Ridge, Neah Bay & Forks for the night. Day 2 the Hoh rain forrest & coast ride to Ocean Shores then back to Tacoma.
Bring bags & we can crash at my place the nights before & after.
For Day 3, I would suggest a ride north thru Carnation then east on 20 over the North Cascades to Winthrop & then on to Spokane.
That would be a long Day 3, but doable . . .
You're on, Bob!

i am in unless I die first.. never can be sure past 70
..re the third day why not split it and make spokane the following day

Patrick,
Not to my recollection from 6 or 7 years ago.
But then, a little dirt doesn't bother me so much and would not be significant enough to remember . . .
I watched a video of this road from a car camera it looked rather difficult with rocks and gravel for about 40 miles

All I can say is thst I rode it on my V2K with no issues.
If there was dirt, it was not a factor.

i am in unless I die first.. never can be sure past 70
..re the third day why not split it and make spokane the following day

The Forks Motel would be best for night 1.
I have no ideas regarding night 3 & remain open to suggestions.

Back