zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
Where do you feel the vibration,through the bars,or all through the bike. I can vouch its not normal as I took a new R3T up to 130 for a short moment and it was the smoothness that I remember best.
Someone on this forum put forward a theory that the floating front discs are not floating and are causing the vibration.
Have you tried it without the windscreen?

I too have a serious head shake that starts at 85 mph. Very scary. I am hoping it's the result of one of my two new tires, and am trying to zero in on the cause by the process of elimination. My worst fear is that the shake is inherent in the bike.

I can't drive 85.

CW

2009 Touring

yes there is a difference with and without the windscreen on take it off and u can go faster and check the tire pressure that will also have a effect on it

The bike should be very stable at speeds well above 100 MPH. It is speed limited to 122 MPH, 205 KPH. I've experienced a bit of a weave at speeds above 105 MPH depending on tire wear and road conditions. Nothing serious, but it is noticeable. I have registered a speed of 117 MPH on my GPS without issue.

Something not right mate,,,the R3t is very smooth and stable with NO vibration at speed over and well above 130km, with or without the windshield

Assuming there have been NO modifications.

Balancing the throttle bodies requires access to the two small adjusting screws on the inter throttle body linkage. And something to measure vacuum etc. A Triumph dealer SHOULD have a triumph tool for this purpose - mine does.

This done the standard ECM map should be correct - that or somebody has messed up somewhere down the line. Reload the correct OEM Triumph map anyway.

Badly adjusted/balanced air intakes can indeed lead to rough running.

If this does not result - I'd say something is off balance inside. Warranty job imo anyway. I'd try and find a lawyer who'll pursue an "unfit for the purpose sold" case - a motoring club lawyer or summat.

Injectors can cause vibration if not working properly. Another thought is the counter balance shaft is out of sync or not matched to the crank, there are A and B balance sets.

I'll second what's been said here about throttle body synch and fresh tune install. Just having the latest Roadster tune loaded made a noticeable difference in vibes.
Might be loose or incorrectly adjusted motor mounts too. Does the bike track straight when you let go of the bars?
At any rate, stay on Triumph about this, something ain't right.
I do like the dealer's version of the infamous, "They all do that.".

Bike shop says they have 3 brand new ones that do the same thing.

I call bull**** on that one.Ask for a demo of one of the other bikes.They wouldnt be able to sell bikes if they were all vibrating as bad as you say.
In fact ,at high rpms,my engine is so smooth its unbelievable.

Back