I don't like the movement of the bars on my R3T and want to change out the rubber mounts so that they are rock solid like the standard Rocket. Does anyone know how this can be done and where I can obtain the parts to accomplish this?

Aaaah, I see, thought when you said 'free play in your top yoke' you meant play in the yoke and not the risers.

Just checked my bars and after 11k miles there is no movement at all.

Well, from what I've read the rubber mounting is somehow built into the top yoke, which is a completely different part from the Standard/Classic models. On other cases of excess play the top yoke has been replaced. So I am assuming (perhaps not correctly) that the movement I am seeing is indeed coming from the top yoke.

I too would like to remove the rubber mounting. Perhaps I'll bite the bullet and spend the $300-350 to buy a new one and then see if anything can be done to the old one to solidify the mounting.

I'd like to see the mounts as they are in stock form. Why not make them from urethane instead of rubber? Urethane or even Delrin won't degrade from sunlight or atmospheric conditions but still has (especially with urethane) the elastic properties of rubber and the vibration cancelling properties, plus, the urethane is a more dense material so the 'feel' would be 'tighter'.

Is the replacement top yoke from BB complete or is it just the bushings? 300 clams sees excessive for rubba bushings.....:confused:

Now, if the busings are vulcanized in place in the yoke assembly, I could see 300 clams. However, it's an easy matter to remove the OEM bushings (if they are vulcanized in place and replace them with (I presume) split bushings.

Again, I'm in the dark as to the design or physical limitations, in as much as I don't have the assembly here in front of me, however, I'd prefer a more solid feel over the 'rubberized' one.

They are rubber washers/bushings there to absorb some of the vibration.I noticed mine when pushing bike into garage after maybe 20,000 miles.I had them repaced at Triumphs wallet but have began to loosen again at 35,000...they are torqued down and seem to be a design delema of the R3T..now Flips' idea of a poly-type bushing/washer may be the answer to a longer lasting solution..I may try this at 36,000 mile service in the spring and will report any progress...only takes a few minutes to check torque and have a clear mind!!Or,perhaps my solution would be to ride it into the garage and perhaps would never have had noticed the movement.!

Flip, on the schematic on the Bike Bandit site it looks like most of the parts are included in the top yoke assembly as contained in the box around the part:

2008 Triumph ROCKET III TOURING Parts, 2008 Triumph ROCKET III TOURING OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

There are a couple of what look like washers not included and unfortunately one of them is not available from Bike Bandit.

I'm going to head up to a dealer that has an R3T on the showroom floor and compare mine to a new one. That will help me decide whether or not to order a new top yoke.

I also wonder if the risers don't add more torque being applied to the rubberized portion of the yoke, thus hastening its demise.

Does anyone know the size of the center nut on the top yoke? It looks to be about 30mm, but unlike every other **** nut and bolt on the BB schematics, this one doesn't have a size listed. Same part number on all models.

Also, as I look at the schematics between the Standard/Classic and the R3T I'm wondering if the top yokes might be interchangeable. If so, that would certainly solve the problem.

Back