2015 with 65k miles, I hate to even start this, but here goes. Been running Avon Cobras and they were a big improvement over Bridgestones. However, reading reviews and all that, it seems Michelin Commander II's (And Metzler RoadTechs in some circles) are promising more miles and equal handling. Have Avon fans moved on to new tech tires or staying with Cobras? I buy for both dry/wet handling and longevity. What are you running?

65K miles on a 2015 Touring? You're my new hero. You probably have the most experience so should be giving advice instead of asking for it.

Michelin Commander 2 on the rear of my Touring. It is the first rear motorcycle tire I have had 2 riding seasons (10K) out of it, and it still looks like new. I have an Avon on front.

Dunlops. D251. The ONLY tire for my 2010 R3T. It handles like a bobsled, until you hit a mailbox. I am sure you will love them. Great traction in the rain, much better than anything else I had tried.

Yeah, I think I'm going to give the commanders a go. I've been real happy with the avons but they have not been updated since introduction, while everyone else has revised their design once or twice...the extra miles between replacement, a definite plus!

Back