The 2009 R3T I just got has the original Metzeler Marathons, only 1600 miles and in apparently good shape.

However, due to their age, I’m looking at other options. I’m finding limited availability in the prescribed 77 load rating.

I’m 200lbs and tend to tour with both side bags and a rear bag loaded.

How concerned should I be about load ratings of 72?

IDK, most things like that are "cover your ass" stuff, but premature wear might be an issue.

Has anyone had an issue with the bike pulling to one side when you release the handle bars? I was told it was a tire issue!? (You know zipping up coat on the go).

Has anyone had an issue with the bike pulling to one side when you release the handle bars? I was told it was a tire issue!? (You know zipping up coat on the go).

Occasionally, but the roads are crowned and here on the east side of WA state we have ruts in the road from years of use and not much repairs. I don't know if the use of studded tires in the winter accelerates the ruts but I am sure they don't help. :(

bob

Well inspite of crowning roads, my roadster still went straight. This touring I have now pulls hard left, hard enough I’ll stop to zip up!

Back