R3T Tire Pressure

tire pressure on touring

I'm running 36 front and 41 read with Metzlers on the touring on the recommendation of the service guys at my dealer. I guess it's a matter of
what you like within reason.

MJ

Yeah, but tyre Manufacturers will give you a pressure to get the most out of their tyres, bike manfacturers want the best ride for thier bike, which is often less pressure.

You got to weigh up what you want

Just don't make the mistake my wife (and other women like her) make.

She reads the sidewall's max PSI and then fills it to that.

hi..after reading tyre pressures on here decided to change mine..put 38f and 46r and has made my rocket touring ride easier at low speeds..i am still on the original bridgestones as have not had my metzlers fitted yet but they seem good??..what was the main reason for the recall...j

The tires were failing internally - felt like a flat tire.

I ryun 36F/44R The R3T is more sensative to tire pressure than any other bike I've owned. Even a few pounds off and its handling changes.

hi..after reading tyre pressures on here decided to change mine..put 38f and 46r and has made my rocket touring ride easier at low speeds..i am still on the original bridgestones as have not had my metzlers fitted yet but they seem good??..what was the main reason for the recall...j

get them changed ASAP mate, they are an accident waiting to happen, they look fine outside but inside they are destroying themselves!...how many k's have ya got?

..Avons here..34 lbs. in the front..42 in the back..like Ransom says, just a few lbs. off makes a world of difference..I've tried a little less and little more..34 & 42 (just what the owners manual calls for) seems to be the best for me..I like to keep 'em a little plump..:lol:..just to the point of feeling almost greasy coming out of a corner..:shock:..

..check your tire pressures at least once a week if not more often..mine loses a few lbs. regularly..

Back