Stonkers441

.020 Over
Sorry, I'm new. I've looked around the site for info on a tach for the R3T, but haven't found one, other than some micro-something. Does Triumph offer one? Can one be added like you can from HD for a Road King?

I don't have any info on a tach. Sorry

However, I did discover if you open your mouth a hair, keep your lips loose and hum at 75 mph, they'll quiver in time and harmonize with the rumble of the engine. Try it!

Daryl, you have waaaaaaay tooooooo much time on your hands.

Dennis

52 (?) dtg Dubai/Kuwait (?)
53 (?) dtg Home

What do I need a tach for? Even when I have had one I didn't really use it. Just to check the idle speed was right.

Just remember this ... When the mirrors start buzzing and become useless, thats 3200 RPM. LOL :p

Not sure one is needed

Now, I've never ridden a bike with a short redline and that much torque available throughout the rev range, but I'm thinking a tach is not necessary. Of course my last scoot RLs at 13500 RPM and doesn't have crap for torque til you get above 5500. On that kind of a bike a tachometer is a necessity. You're not going to have to grab 2 or 3 gears after a hard brake before diving into a curve on the R3T. The only way I would put a tach on one is if I could find one that matched the background on the Speedo so as not to over clutter the look.

tachos

Feel beats tachos, my R3T gives plenty of feel, 'course I never understood why any HD has a tacho either coz most of the time on those:D your'e looking behind you to make sure you are ploughing straight!!

Here's an option from Dakota Digital:

Oval Tachometer
**** that's a cool set up, especially the ones below it with all the displays built in. I just added another item to my '10 sportster "in my dreams" wish list.
Flat black beetle bags
Tall Tree Bars
Eagle F1 rear tire
Dakota Digital Instruments
Triple filters w/trimmed and painted claw

What else?..... I'll have a bike I can't afford built in my head before you know it.:p

That is a really cool instrument set, $500 huh? Wow, lot a money.

Back