R3R Gel Seat

Gel gets very hot. Not the best choice.
Save your money the gel set is just as bad as the standard seat especially for long hauls i have them both. I bought a sheep skin and fitted it to the seat. I have a friend in Oregon that had a custom seat made for his Rocket by this guy Mr.Ed seeing your on the west coast it might be to your advantage to make this a destination. He will take the original seat and turn it to one comfortable one.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Save your money the gel set is just as bad as the standard seat especially for long hauls i have them both. I bought a sheep skin and fitted it to the seat. I have a friend in Oregon that had a custom seat made for his Rocket by this guy Mr.Ed seeing your on the west coast it might be to your advantage to make this a destination. He will take the original seat and turn it to one comfortable one.:thumbsup:
One for Mr @Claviger

Russel uses gel for his seats all these yeas he must be doing something right he's still in business and still using gel. People are blaming the gel for bad comfort, instead of the bad designed seat.

Russel uses gel for his seats all these yeas he must be doing something right he's still in business and still using gel. People are blaming the gel for bad comfort, instead of the bad designed seat.
MY TRIUMPH gel seat is comfy

People are blaming the gel for bad comfort, instead of the bad designed seat.
I'd not say its a BAD design - but it is a "One Size fits all" design. Ditto the Classic one piece and original foam single. Those at either end of the range especially will notice.

I will concede that Gel is NOT for everybody. I happen to like it. But NOTHING will ever beat a bespoke made seat - EVER!.

Back