webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Here it comes, I used you all for my personal techno-geek amusement again :p

Nah, it's just another website upgrade :D

R3Owners.Net was upgraded to resolve several interface issues, and I took the opportunity to apply some lessons learned from my other sites:
  • There was a page-lag problem in Internet Explorer, on some computer configurations. It has now been fixed. If you didn't notice anything, then no worries.
  • Improvements to the editor interface.
  • Some interface bugs in the User Control Panel
  • Changes to the "dynamic content" parts of R3Owners.Net, so that pages will load faster.
  • Smilies were re-organized so that the editor interface doesn't attempt to load animated smilies at first, you can click on the "More" link to see all of the smilies.
  • Several other cosmetic and functional changes.
If R3Owners.Net doesn't appear "right" to you, press your F5 key while browsing so that the Styles are reloaded. Should there be any unresolved issues, feel free to post on this thread.

This particular upgrade wasn't security-related, just to resolve the items mentioned above and make R3Owners.Net ready for what is yet to come.

As self proclaimed king of the page lag, I'd have to say things are are rockin' around here...:D

"We are not unsolaced" (NY Times, April 29, 1939 issue, describing 11th... or 13th hour British Cabinet's views about WW2 avoidance efforts) :confused::D

Last edited:
HeR3tic, Thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

Gunshots, there is a New Posts link on the top of the page. Is that what you are referring to?

Last edited:
Yes-- If you could only make a duplicate of that button an the bottom of the page, as you scroll down you could then click there instead of scrolling back to the top of the page to get to the next "new post", that would save me setting down my cocktail :)

Ok, I understand. My web-interface mind would have to dominate here and say that if I put a navigation link at the bottom - then practically all navigation links would need to be duplicated at the bottom. In other words, duplicate the silver bar at the top. Not everyone uses web sites the same way. The other issue is that duplicating links creates some confusion among newcomers in that they wouldn't be sure which link would provide the desired information.

Does your computer mouse have a scroll wheel on it?

Back