R3 wins Horsepower Shootout @ Daytona

Super rockets

HEY JOKER how is your wind screen at top speeds ? OUR customers are looking for some wind protection they say they are hanging on for dear life as the ROCKET wants to run at speeds they have never seen before even on the sport bikes :eek:

HEY JOKER how is your wind screen at top speeds ? OUR customers are looking for some wind protection they say they are hanging on for dear life as the ROCKET wants to run at speeds they have never seen before even on the sport bikes :eek:

I have problems hanging on at 100-110mph since I ditched my full shield, I cannot imagine what running at thosw speeds would be like without a shield!:D Scooted by a 911 at the weekend at 120 and the wind caught under my right foot, had a small wobble but it got my attention!:D I find the good thing riding without a screen does keep me at relatively sane speeds where I won't lose my licence, I guess that's a plus:rolleyes:;)

Hey Brother I seen Ross pull 176mph in fourth so 186 can't be out of the question:D
Thats just fricken fast!!!! :eek:

I bet Ross is having a ball. I only wish I could risk running those revs, but as you know better than most, it can be costly without an inter - cooler.

Art,

the screen is good for 160mph, but not for very long periods. I have bars from a HD Nightster which are narrower and with less pull-back than standard so I'm leaning forward anyway. This is good for 110 - 120 mph (UK) without having to duck behind the screen. It was pretty stable at 160 but I did have to tuck in behind the screen, but you would be doing that on any bike.

I know mine is rock solid at GPS speeds around 130mph

stable air behind the screen too , no buffeting, would want a steering damper for anything above that I'd think. ( maybe a brake upgrade too!)

I used a FZR 600 fairing and headlight and mount, mounted it to my forks with the triumph fixing kit ( half of it) and the upper bracket is attached to my thunderbike T bars. wanted to keep the dual headlights, with my taller touring eindscreen on it its awsome on the highways, can wear a shorty helmet and not half it trying to fly off.

really wanting your kit, but I could only afford the DIY price and am afraid Id screw up the assembly and ruin it.

Fairings

I know mine is rock solid at GPS speeds around 130mph

stable air behind the screen too , no buffeting, would want a steering damper for anything above that I'd think. ( maybe a brake upgrade too!)

I used a FZR 600 fairing and headlight and mount, mounted it to my forks with the triumph fixing kit ( half of it) and the upper bracket is attached to my thunderbike T bars. wanted to keep the dual headlights, with my taller touring eindscreen on it its awsome on the highways, can wear a shorty helmet and not half it trying to fly off.

really wanting your kit, but I could only afford the DIY price and am afraid Id screw up the assembly and ruin it.
YES LOOKS GOOD that should keep you from getting blown of the bike :) YOU need a fairing with a modified bike with the new top speed capability

Top speed

I bet Ross is having a ball. I only wish I could risk running those revs, but as you know better than most, it can be costly without an inter - cooler.

Art,

the screen is good for 160mph, but not for very long periods. I have bars from a HD Nightster which are narrower and with less pull-back than standard so I'm leaning forward anyway. This is good for 110 - 120 mph (UK) without having to duck behind the screen. It was pretty stable at 160 but I did have to tuck in behind the screen, but you would be doing that on any bike.
WELL its not a good idea to make top speed runs on the HIGHWAY to often eventually your gonna get caught :( but its fun to know ya can beat up on the SPORT BIKES :D

Time for a Stage 1 Blower Rocket :evil::evil::evil:
Art the Head and Cams are all crated up ready to ship tomorrow. I will be in surgery so The wifey will drop it of to UPS
This might just be the first Carpenter Stage 1 Blower Engine
Make sure I get some stickers for the Bike and ask Bob if he can increase the size of the logo on the head!!!
Its a matter of pride and I want people to know who made it the fastest Bagger on the Planet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Time for a Stage 1 Blower Rocket :evil::evil::evil:
Art the Head and Cams are all crated up ready to ship tomorrow. I will be in surgery so The wifey will drop it of to UPS
This might just be the first Carpenter Stage 1 Blower Engine
Make sure I get some stickers for the Bike and ask Bob if he can increase the size of the logo on the head!!!
Its a matter of pride and I want people to know who made it the fastest Bagger on the Planet!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY SCOTT well send you some of our neon CARPENTER RECORD HOLDER shirts :D

Back