R3 wins Horsepower Shootout @ Daytona

avus9

.020 Over
following was posted as a status update on facebook by Triumph North America
Ross Y.’s Rocket III won the 1501-Open cc Non-V-Twin category at WyoTech's Brute Horsepower Shootout during Daytona Bike Week with 243.03 HP. Way to go, Ross!
Ross a member of this forum? any info on his R3? pics?

I sure like the looks of that new megaphone header they have. Gave them a call.... $1200. I may be giving up my Jardines if anybody is interested.

Rosses rocket

I think he is the only guy that has had the Carpenter Racing kit done to his bike. I don't think he got the SC to work properly. Warp9.9 can offer more info.

Carpenter Race Engines
HI 9r ROSS is not the only ROCKETEER with the STAGE 1 kit but he was the only one to enter the BRUTE HP SHOOTOUT and he didnt have the SC hooked up that is next on his list :D BUT he did win and he had a great time in the process good to see a ROCKET KICKIN BUTT:)

Last edited:
Lets see about some pictures
First let me introduce Ross aka Freeky One and his 06 Tribal Cardinal Red Beast and remind you the blower is not hooked up yet as Art stated.

Ross and his beast getting tied down

Ross setting the beats up and having the tech set the rpm for a 8500 rpm run

His First place Dyno sheet

His 8500 rpm spin

I must add in the qualifying round Ross made 3 passes 243hp, 244hp, 243hp
they say the kit for this beast makes it a sleeper and in some ways they are right!
But not when you fire it up as the ground around you just vibrates as if you are standing next to a stock car. But as you will notice the dipps in the horse power starting around 75 mph that is on loss of traction as the rear tire bust loose on the dyno then she hooks back up and well see how fast it regains its normal but yet high horse power climb.

I met Ross down here in 07 one of my first big rides on the Rocket thats one of the great things I find about the events meeting other Captains.

Last edited:
warp9.9 I like you head lights what kind are they? Do they use the same mounting brackets as Triumph head lights? if not how did you mount them?

They are Triumph standard head lights with Hardley brows on them. there was two other Rockets for the run one developed clutch or week knees the other was basically stock and ran because he wanted to. Good feller from Ga white and Cream Classic and some great airbrush work on it.
Mine well it would have been in the open import where it would have had its ass handed to it by the 500-600 hp Nitrous Burning Monsters. I had my fun on the I95 race/highway

I am thinking Gold anodized intercooler/radiator and the intake plumbing should go well with the chrome whats your opinions?

Last edited:
Back