Just cancelled my solo seat order with Bike Bandit. I ordered it on Feb 18 with a shipping date of 2 April. I just called Bike Bandit ti find out why I haven't received any shipping information and was told that the seat is on a nation wide back order with no indication of when any of the orders will be filled. Nice. I told him that the Touring has been discontinued and not to expect to ever get solo seats from Triumph.

I am again reminded of another down side to owning a Triumph, very poor parts and accessories support. I'd like to have a solo seat so will start considering other options such as a Corbin, if they even make them, or watching for one on ebay.

Just cancelled my solo seat order with Bike Bandit. I ordered it on Feb 18 with a shipping date of 2 April. I just called Bike Bandit ti find out why I haven't received any shipping information and was told that the seat is on a nation wide back order with no indication of when any of the orders will be filled. Nice. I told him that the Touring has been discontinued and not to expect to ever get solo seats from Triumph.

I am again reminded of another down side to owning a Triumph, very poor parts and accessories support. I'd like to have a solo seat so will start considering other options such as a Corbin, if they even make them, or watching for one on ebay.
I just got the call from Dulles triumph on thursday my seat arrived and is being shipped to me now.

Triumph is slow to ship to the U.S. they will only do it when a company has a big order. So dealers are the fastest way to get the parts. Still slow as frozen molasses but faster.

Good new Whingnut. I guess I'm just impatient. If Bike Bandit could have provided me with at an estimate of delay, I would have kept the order since they don't bill PayPal until the item is shipped. One of my concerns was that it would arrive while I was back in Florida and be left on our front porch. I can't recall but did you order a solo seat or other?

Solo seat. I learned about the delay in shipping when Bryan at D&D had to order a fender and triple tree after my wreck 2.5 months for the parts.

If anyone has one for sale, please let me know. I've got two full touring seats but don't haul any passengers on any of my bikes so am looking for the solo seat.

I've not seen very many of them so am not sure of availability.
I have this one for sale for $150.00. It came off my 2010 R3 Roadster. It's like new.

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Solo seat. I learned about the delay in shipping when Bryan at D&D had to order a fender and triple tree after my wreck 2.5 months for the parts.

My gosh but that is a name out of the past. He used to call me for advice on vintage Triumphs, such as spoking wheel, when I was stationed there.

Back