Now we all know that alot of "OEM" gear does not come from Vanson. It does not HAVE TO mean inferior. For anybody adventurous i stumbled on this place over the weekend. Leather Collection | Specializing in tailored fit leather racing suit . Philippines. Some of their designs are totally what I am after. But here I'd get hit with a shed load of import duty. Otherwise I'd be tempted to order something made to measure.

I visited South (of course) Korea back in about 2001 on a military mission. One could get the most beautiful, custom made motorcycle leathers at great prices. I had only three days and my schedule was full so was not able to get into the Seoul shopping district to take advantage. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because back then I was a shadow of my current self.

I fear that if I ordered a set of custom leathers they'd put me on hold in order to slaughter another entire herd of cattle to accommodate me.

For what its worth Navigator, i had a solo "Mustang" seat with the backrest on my Triumph Storm when i had it. I found that seat to be very, very comfy. That wee upturn at your tailbone is awesome and you just soak into the seat....hope this helps...

I had only three days .
3 days is tight.

When I was in Thailand I had some bespoke suits made. First fitting was 24 hours after initial measurement. And I could have had them the day after - but the inference was quality could suffer a bit. When I gave them a week to finish - I could almost hear the guys cheer.

Leather takes more work. I am lucky that with a UK cut I can normally take a 44" Jacket and 34" pant, except jeans which for some reason I simply cannot wear. This latter is a real swine.

How do you find this stuff Peter? Where is All Things Triumph I wonder; Bangladesh or some place like that? A most excellent price.
Google is your friend takes seconds. That cheap price was at .2wheelpros.com a US firm in the good ol' USA

The All Things Triumph one 'In Stock" at US$250 full price is located in the USA too
CONTACT INFO
For questions concerning your order, products on our site, or anything in general regarding All Things Triumph, contact us at john@allthingstriumph.com

All Things Triumph is located just outside of Detroit, Michigan
https://www.r3owners.net/mailto:

Have had three Mustang seats, two Harleys and on my current Nomad and believe they are the best bang for the buck.

I need to confirm that the PN is in fact for the Touring because while one has a pic of the Touring, neither stipulates it. The price difference is interesting with the one for $250 having a back rest and the one for $129 (regular price $143). Both have the same PN but one over $100 less. Hmmmm. I'll contact both and sort it out tomorrow.

Thank you Mr. Ishrub. I'm closing in

Edit: Just confirmed on one website that it is, in fact, for the Touring 2006-2017. It pays to know the PN so again thanks to our Reference (A) for parts and accessories, Ishrub.
No backrests come with ANY of them it is a separate accessory no longer available from Triumph. The Solo Touring seat was sold with and without the square hole for the rider's backrest just like the 'Classic Dual Touring' seat for R3 Std, Classics and Roadster was as well. the hole is neatly plugged with a plastic plug and is fine for non-backrest use.

I sold a new old stock one last year to an Aussie member who found it has a different color vinyl cover which does not match his 'Classic Dual Touring' seat vinyl for R3 Std, Classics and Roadster as the seat name was given before the Touring model emerged in 2008. He got a second used one off me too with the correct colour vinyl so may be prepared t sell it, I could ask but he is very private so I shall not post his details. The backrests are identical except vinyl colour/texture.

So does anyone want one of these, posted below from Aussie eBay. They were on sale through Triumph for just US$20 late last year but that was just the screen I think. I thought about getting one to play with for my Roadster but post from the US was a killer.

I think they look cool but only ever seen one photo of one on a member's Touring. This place lists them and other Triumph Touring accessories in the USA I think.
Triumph Accessories Cruiser

This one on Oz eBay has the brackets too.
Triumph Rocket 111 Touring Quick Release Boulevard Peak
triumph Rocket 111 Touring Quick Release Boulevard Peak | eBay

Last edited:
Last night after your post of the PN I did a search of the number and many sources popped up selling them for around $125. I was also able to confirm that it was for the Touring.

Tal, I think I mentioned previously that I'm going cheap on a solo seat purchase because will just be for local riding (and looks), and while the Mustangs are great seats, they are too pricey for what I want.

That little headlight peak is a nice piece of kit Peter. I've got to quit spending money on this bike though. Enough is too much as Popeye once said.

I ordered mine for $125 from Dulles triumph. Its back ordered from uk looking at 6 weeks to receive it.

No backrests come with ANY of them it is a separate accessory no longer available from Triumph. The Solo Touring seat was sold with and without the square hole for the rider's backrest just like the 'Classic Dual Touring' seat for R3 Std, Classics and Roadster was as well. the hole is neatly plugged with a plastic plug and is fine for non-backrest use.

I sold a new old stock one last year to an Aussie member who found it has a different color vinyl cover which does not match his 'Classic Dual Touring' seat vinyl for R3 Std, Classics and Roadster as the seat name was given before the Touring model emerged in 2008. He got a second used one off me too with the correct colour vinyl so may be prepared t sell it, I could ask but he is very private so I shall not post his details. The backrests are identical except vinyl colour/texture.
Just a note if anybody wants something a little different. Leather seat covers for R3's Great deals from J F CUSTOMS on Rocket | eBay Shops

Every so often I look longingly at a Black/Grey set. But for me it would just be hubris - and I'd regret it - I know it. FUNCTION comes first for me.

I ordered mine for $125 from Dulles triumph. Its back ordered from uk looking at 6 weeks to receive it.

That's where I bought the spotlight kit for $227. It really is pretty cool looking. Darn. My checkbook is screaming at me to stop the madness.

Am working with one of our forum members on a seat so must get through that first.

Back