Torque59

.020 Over
Hello all,
I have a 2014 Rocket 3 Roaster which I bought new, and up until now I have had the bike serviced by my local dealer. The main reason for getting the bike serviced at the dealer was to keep the warranty, just in-case.
Anyway I am now pretty much out of warranty and am fed up with being held over a barrel and shafted all the time paying through the nose to the dealer for the privilege, so have decided to do my own servicing.
I am a mechanic by trade but have not swung spanners for a long time and more especially not on anything modern like this.
Therefore my question is this, how simple are they to work on, especially if you don't have all the specialized Triumph tools, ie setting the tappets and valve timing tool etc.
Are there any pit falls or traps I need to know about. And finally is there anywhere or anyone who has a step by step for dummies on tune ecu etc. I have the cable but am not sure of the procedures for altering the tune if at some stage it becomes necessary.
Thanks in advance.

Torque59, I have done my own servicing since taking delivery, only use genuine Triumph parts. I am about to check the valve clearance but if they need adjustment I don't think I will be doing that job.
Generally working on the bike is not that difficult but I am sure there will some jobs requiring special tools. Basic serving is not difficult.

Hello all,
I have a 2014 Rocket 3 Roaster which I bought new, and up until now I have had the bike serviced by my local dealer. The main reason for getting the bike serviced at the dealer was to keep the warranty, just in-case.
Anyway I am now pretty much out of warranty and am fed up with being held over a barrel and shafted all the time paying through the nose to the dealer for the privilege, so have decided to do my own servicing.
I am a mechanic by trade but have not swung spanners for a long time and more especially not on anything modern like this.
Therefore my question is this, how simple are they to work on, especially if you don't have all the specialized Triumph tools, ie setting the tappets and valve timing tool etc.
Are there any pit falls or traps I need to know about. And finally is there anywhere or anyone who has a step by step for dummies on tune ecu etc. I have the cable but am not sure of the procedures for altering the tune if at some stage it becomes necessary.
Thanks in advance.

HansO is the 'go to guy' for free downloads and assistance with tunes to suit your year model and state of tune required for various exhaust, filter, headers, etc set up. Do a search of the topic with his name as the poster and you will find literally hundreds of threads and people he has assisted including a very grateful me.

Just do some searches using key words you wish to find out about, there are literally thousands of useful threads and info from tappet setting to complete pull downs and performance builds up to double factory horsepower either with or without turbo, superchargers or just good old modified and tuned cams, pistons , valves and heads etc. Others on how to easily and cheaply make the special tools required or where to borrow them from etc. Once you find a thread on the topic of interest scroll down and to the bottom of the page and there will be another 5 or more threads of a similar nature.

HansO is the 'go to guy' for free downloads and assistance with tunes to suit your year model and state of tune required for various exhaust, filter, headers, etc set up. Do a search of the topic with his name as the poster and you will find literally hundreds of threads and people he has assisted including a very grateful me.

Just do some searches using key words you wish to find out about, there are literally thousands of useful threads and info from tappet setting to complete pull downs and performance builds up to double factory horsepower either with or without turbo, superchargers or just good old modified and tuned cams, pistons , valves and heads etc. Others on how to easily and cheaply make the special tools required or where to borrow them from etc. Once you find a thread on the topic of interest scroll down and to the bottom of the page and there will be another 5 or more threads of a similar nature.

Thanks for your replies guys.
I did contact Hanso too.
Thanks again.

Back