R3 Newbie finds flailing connector, R3 oldies offer friendly advice

Crotchburn

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 R3
I'm off on a journey to troubleshoot my charging system, but that's not what this post is about. In searching around for my alt\rect connectors to follow the manual's troubleshooting flowchart, I found that my relay rubbers are broken, leaving my relays flailing about. I have a 3d printer, so that will not be a problem for long.

I also noticed this little guy, which is similar to an injector connector, but I'm confident it isn't because I imagine an R3 with 1\3 of its cylinders not firing would rattle worse than an HD. Any input as to what this is?

upload_2018-11-2_10-1-4.png

Hi ******burn and welcome to the forum from the British Isles. Unfortunately, I'm not the one to help you identify the connector. There are many on here far better able to help and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before your problem is solved

i believe that is the connector for the evaporative loss crap "purge valve" they have in california models

the reg/rec plugs are in your pic there on the extreme right behind the chassis

You see... the Rocket was originally designed to be a 3L four cylinder. However, that much torque and horsepower would just strip the rear tire off and cause every adult female within a thousand yards to spontaneously ovulate. So, in proper British tradition, rather than retool, they just bandsaw that fourth cylinder off right before assembly (rumors that every third Rocket was assembled from the leftover "short ends" are completely false) and leave the plug hanging. This makes the rear tire last longer and greatly reduces the birth rate amongst unwed boogans. Sadly, a decade of this population reduction has severely impacted Harley Davidson sales.

Or, you know, what R-III-R Turbo said.

You see... the Rocket was originally designed to be a 3L four cylinder. However, that much torque and horsepower would just strip the rear tire off and cause every adult female within a thousand yards to spontaneously ovulate. So, in proper British tradition, rather than retool, they just bandsaw that fourth cylinder off right before assembly (rumors that every third Rocket was assembled from the leftover "short ends" are completely false) and leave the plug hanging. This makes the rear tire last longer and greatly reduces the birth rate amongst unwed boogans. Sadly, a decade of this population reduction has severely impacted Harley Davidson sales.

Or, you know, what R-III-R Turbo said.
You must live right across the state line from Colorado :D

Back