R3 (2.5L) Suspension Setup and Adjustments

@7Sevens Folks in the know are asking for the *SERVICE* manual. Your link is to the *OWNER* manual - significantly less information.
Ah, miss-read! I did all my own servicing and rebuilt engines etc as a young man. But I haven't got my hands dirty for many years now :)

Thanks, techno. I'm 6ft 2" and about 240 lbs (17 stone), so I would go with the same settings as my video - leave the forks standard. One full turn of both rear rebound and compression. And nine full turns (you'll hear the clicks if done in a quiet environment) clockwise of preload. Let me know if it helps, once you're able to try it.
Rear preload is straightforward. Just get the rider sag to 30-35 mm. I never understood enough about damping to do anything but trial and error.

thank you. easy adjustments :)
However I anticipate that it must not be that obvious to get the right combination between all these 4 set up (3 for the rear and 1 for the front) :confused: but better this than having less options.

Service manual used to be available here, but last 2 times I paid, couldn't access service manual, Triumph says they will check it out.

Login | TRIUMPH TriTun

Have created an account there but it seems that the info which is available is virtually useless. Electrical diagrams might be handy but if you wanna know anything mechanical you can go jump.

Looks like it's secret squirrel stuff.

Back