Quickshifter

Ajay

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Hi everyone - got a quickshifter installed on my GT today. i have a dumb question - my dealer told me it only for the downshifts not for up shifts. i am new to quickshifter world. i was under the impression it was both for up and downshifts..thx

Hi everyone - got a quickshifter installed on my GT today. i have a dumb question - my dealer told me it only for the downshifts not for up shifts. i am new to quickshifter world. i was under the impression it was both for up and downshifts..thx
Yep, up and down... works a treat on my R3GT!

That's interesting as I have a quick shifter on my GT also but 6 weeks ago mine had a meltdown and doesn't go anymore. This has to be replaced under warranty but they are unable to get a replacement one in so it looks like I'm using the clutch for the foreseeable future which really sucks because the quick shifter is an exceptional piece of gear...how did your dealer get hold of the one fitted to your bike if there is none in the world

Yeah up and down! I love mine.

My dealer told me you can only use it after you go in and manually turn t/c off every time you start the bike lol.
They also couldn't figure out how to check the oil correctly until I showed them.

Is it also an HD dealer ? I am just saying that because there is no quickshifter on HD bikes and the way to check oil is rather simple in comparison... No bad thought at all ;)

Is it also an HD dealer ? I am just saying that because there is no quickshifter on HD bikes and the way to check oil is rather simple in comparison... No bad thought at all ;)
Lol no it's a triumph dealer. They had my bike for four days doing this install. They said sorry we've never done this before we're learning as we go.

Yep, up and down... works a treat on my R3GT!
Mine is authorized Triumph dealer in CO. Can you pls also share the part number for up and down shifter. i am assuming they installed some other part number but not the one for new R3's

That's interesting as I have a quick shifter on my GT also but 6 weeks ago mine had a meltdown and doesn't go anymore. This has to be replaced under warranty but they are unable to get a replacement one in so it looks like I'm using the clutch for the foreseeable future which really sucks because the quick shifter is an exceptional piece of gear...how did your dealer get hold of the one fitted to your bike if there is none in the world
According to him they were able to source the part from US hence not shipping required from UK

Back