GT quickshifter clearance problem

Update from the dealer today, they ordered the wrong kit so they have the correct one on order. I don't have my original shifter back yet but they still have it. I was unsure I was going to keep the quick shifter if they couldn't get it fitted correctly. They hope to have the correct kit here in 2 to 3 weeks. I will make sure to get all of the parts at that time.

Since this thread is awake again, I will give an update. With the correct parts installed it works like butter both up and down with the pegs in the fully forward position.

I think my dealer messed something up.

I have a 2021 GT and the pegs are in the farthest forward position. Today I had the quickshifter installed and while it does work great they couldn't get it to work with the pegs in the forward position. They had to move them to the middle position because they said they couldn't downshift. They were saying the quickshifter was hitting the frame with the extension in and so they had to remove the extension and had to move the pegs back.

I thought I read something about this before but I searched and can't seem to find a thread talking about this, but I thought with the pegs in the forward position you have to change the position of the shift linkage extension and the quickshift module. Basically the order is changed from what the Triumph instructions are.

If anyone remembers or has a quickshifter installed with the controls in the full forward position I would love to hear from you. The dealer said they are going to call Triumph and see what the fix is for this but I would love to come in with some knowledge on this myself to maybe help the situation.
riding a GT .as I wish to move the shifter to the middle position ( NO QUICKSHIFTER) I have not seen how to change the threaded rod behind the gear lever to keep the shift lever in the same position any ideas? from your mechanic?

riding a GT .as I wish to move the shifter to the middle position ( NO QUICKSHIFTER) I have not seen how to change the threaded rod behind the gear lever to keep the shift lever in the same position any ideas? from your mechanic?
If the pegs are in the fully forward position you just need to remove the extension and then you will be able to have the shift level in the same position with the pegs in the middle position.

If the pegs are in the fully forward position you just need to remove the extension and then you will be able to have the shift level in the same position with the pegs in the middle position.
thanks I am going to look at that but what is this "extension'' you refer to . I see the threaded rod behind the shifter is that it?

Back