GT quickshifter clearance problem

vsteel

.060 Over
Ride
2021 R3 GT
I think my dealer messed something up.

I have a 2021 GT and the pegs are in the farthest forward position. Today I had the quickshifter installed and while it does work great they couldn't get it to work with the pegs in the forward position. They had to move them to the middle position because they said they couldn't downshift. They were saying the quickshifter was hitting the frame with the extension in and so they had to remove the extension and had to move the pegs back.

I thought I read something about this before but I searched and can't seem to find a thread talking about this, but I thought with the pegs in the forward position you have to change the position of the shift linkage extension and the quickshift module. Basically the order is changed from what the Triumph instructions are.

If anyone remembers or has a quickshifter installed with the controls in the full forward position I would love to hear from you. The dealer said they are going to call Triumph and see what the fix is for this but I would love to come in with some knowledge on this myself to maybe help the situation.

I think my dealer messed something up.

I have a 2021 GT and the pegs are in the farthest forward position. Today I had the quickshifter installed and while it does work great they couldn't get it to work with the pegs in the forward position. They had to move them to the middle position because they said they couldn't downshift. They were saying the quickshifter was hitting the frame with the extension in and so they had to remove the extension and had to move the pegs back.

I thought I read something about this before but I searched and can't seem to find a thread talking about this, but I thought with the pegs in the forward position you have to change the position of the shift linkage extension and the quickshift module. Basically the order is changed from what the Triumph instructions are.

If anyone remembers or has a quickshifter installed with the controls in the full forward position I would love to hear from you. The dealer said they are going to call Triumph and see what the fix is for this but I would love to come in with some knowledge on this myself to maybe help the situation.

It may be a dumb question, but did they replace the shift lever too? It's a separate part from the quickshifter but is still required.

It may be a dumb question, but did they replace the shift lever too? It's a separate part from the quickshifter but is still required.
I didn't know that, good callout. I will have to check with them to see if they did. I didn't know a new shift lever was required.

Update: they called Triumph America and they didn't know what to do. They are trying to get a hold of Triumph UK and see if they have anything.

I take it no one is running the quick shifter with the pegs in the forward position on a GT?

Update: they called Triumph America and they didn't know what to do. They are trying to get a hold of Triumph UK and see if they have anything.

I take it no one is running the quick shifter with the pegs in the forward position on a GT?
Yes, i am. Pictures show quickshifter fitted and original gear pedal and linkage.

Attachments

• PXL_20210806_090444649.jpg
    PXL_20210806_090444649.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20210806_090512685.jpg
    PXL_20210806_090512685.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi, I am using the quick shifter in the forward position on my GT also from memory I had to utilize one of the extensions behind the right hand side cover to get the correct extension but it is doable

Back