Starting to sound like everyone is being told something different. Dealer told me to just leave it on, or wait at least 5-10 minutes before turning it off. But they also told me the only reason it is there is because DoT regulations require motorcycles to have a master ignition switch.

FWIW, I just leave mine on. I doubt it really matters either way.

The chief mechanic at my dealer went out of state for a course of training on the new Rockets. He told me something about the use of the switch caused the bike to relearn or reset things if it was switched off. He therefore recommended to leave it in the on position and just use the switch on the handlebar. The mechanics from England told him this.

It does not reset when you turn the switch off .
When u start it up it works off of the memory of the data it has stored and day by day it stores new data.
That is why cars that is 15 years old and sensors and components are wore beyond factory specs will run bad with a computer that resets to brand neww specs.
I am out of here.
Hth

After considering all of the info here I think I will just leave it alone and keep it in the on switch. It's a shame we have to try and guess which is best so I'll go with guys in the know (Turbo and Doc) and just keep it ON. If I have to park it outside over night while touring at a Hotel I will shut it off then. Cheers.:thumbsup:

After considering all of the info here I think I will just leave it alone and keep it in the on switch. It's a shame we have to try and guess which is best so I'll go with guys in the know (Turbo and Doc) and just keep it ON. If I have to park it outside over night while touring at a Hotel I will shut it off then. Cheers.:thumbsup:
Just take your FOB in and there will be no risk.

......this thread has taken a worrying turn.....I read through the postings last night and woke up worrying about whether the light inside my refrigerator really does go out when I shut the door. So anyway, I put my mind at rest and took the bulb out, then after a bit more thought I switched the **** thing off at the wall.....Phew!

Opinions are like a******* But I guess if the expert mechanics that deal with these motorcycles everyday and go to clastell me Tell me to leave it on I have no reason not to

Opinions are like a******* But I guess if the expert mechanics that deal with these motorcycles everyday and go to clastell me Tell me to leave it on I have no reason not to
The Rockets here in the UK definitely don't have the secondary switch. It's not something you should worry about for your day to day use. Leave the switch for your mechanic to worry about.
.......now......has anyone out there got a mop and bucket?........my fridge freezer is leaking.......:oops:

Back