Basic TuneECU Questions

its fuel pump and injector noise
Remove the fuel pump and head lamp fuses. Put the battery on a charger. The biggest problem with loading tunes is low voltage. Don’t do reset adapt! Go for it.

I will contemplate this, and look for that fuel pump fuse.
It’s #3 fuse (manual, p.146). It’s not going to get any less risky to load a map. Follow the manual. Except don’t do reset adapt. If the download craps out, you do a recovery.

It’s #3 fuse (manual, p.146). It’s not going to get any less risky to load a map. Follow the manual. Except don’t do reset adapt. If the download craps out, you do a recovery.
I've watched several videos and read a bunch of stuff over the last few months some of which do say to do reset adapt so thanks for pointing that out. I'm still going to to sleep on it though.

I've watched several videos and read a bunch of stuff over the last few months some of which do say to do reset adapt so thanks for pointing that out. I'm still going to to sleep on it though.
Doing reset adapt screws up the crank position sensor calibration on the new Rockets.

This is the first thread for the Penner tunes. It has over 800 posts. Lots of guys have done this. This thread probably covers most of it.

This is the first thread for the Penner tunes. It has over 800 posts. Lots of guys have done this. This thread probably covers most of it.

Thanks, I will re-read that one.

Thanks, I will re-read that one and take notes this time.

After pulling the 2 fuses, fuel and headlight the same sound of something running persisted but stopped once I pulled the ABS fuse so that's what was making that sound. When I connected to the ECU yesterday with TuneECU there were no error codes so maybe that sound is normal, but if not I'm glad I figured it out so Triumph can fix it before I do my thing.

Last edited:
Back