In case anyone is interested in how the master switch is actually wired in, see wiring diagrams. It sits between the keyless ignition ECM and the ignition relay. It's not an "emergency battery cutoff" like I thought the US regs might have called for. I decided to go have a look when the procedure posted above showed operation of the handlebar lock (which needs power) AFTER the switch was thrown...
2020 Circuit Diagrams - Rocket 3 GT, R, TFC_Page_06.jpg

2020 Circuit Diagrams - Rocket 3 GT, R, TFC_Page_07.jpg

I use it like it were the key. Reminds me to power off the keyless ignition antennas. I also turn off the FOB when I do it to save battery life on it. The only issue I had was when the battery terminals were not tight.

I do the same in my post flight operation. Turn off the handlebar switch. Press the handlebar lock button. Then turn the switch under the tank to off. Then my fob off. And if I am in Miami, don't forget to put my alarm disk lock.

From what I understand it will not do any permanent damage to the bike it's just that when you ride the bike it has a computer that adjust to your riding altitude et cetera et cetera et cetera when you shut that switch off it basically resets everything in the bike could run bad until it resets itself again
You are referring to short term fuel trims in this post. The bikes ecu stores energy in the form of diodes or capacitors to keep short term fuel trim memory alive. I seriously doubt that even if the mentioned switch isolates the battery from the ECU, short term fuel trims would drain.

Back