BunBurner 1500 questions.

SemperRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Triple Black Rocket 3 GT
Good day,
I am attempting a 1500 Gold with some buddies next Wednesday. We plan to leave at 2000 and ride to the tail of the dragon, then hit the charalloa parkway then a bit of the BRP then rip it on back to the coast to hit the 1500 MI mark.
My only concern is my rear tire. I called the dealership and googled alot. I'm unable to find a new one. Will this get me thoug?, I I fully intend to not take the rocket on the trip if its potentially unsafe. Its the first tire with 6k miles on it.

Also, I ordered the gas tank bag and passenger seat bag from Triumph today mostly out of desperation to not carry a back pack for 30 hrs straight. I mean, I've done it before but after carrying a pack for my first SS1K, it would be cool not to have to do that again haha.
Thank you in advance.

20230328_142925.jpg

Attachments

• 20230328_142834.jpg
    20230328_142834.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 10
6K is when you start looking for a replacement. Your tread (if it all looks that depth) is in good shape. If the entire trip is around 2K I would go ahead and go. Some guys are getting 8K to 10K out of their rear Avons. If the entire rear tread looks as good as you show then yes I would do it. Have fun. :thumbsup:

I will throw this out here. When I did SS 1000 it was a lot of hours of high speed riding with few periods of down time. IMO the constant riding will heat up your tire without much time to cool down and that could lead to extra wear, especially on a bike like the Rocket. I have no scientific data just a hunch and a feeling. If I were getting ready to do the 1500 I would replace that tire. I would hate to hit 1200 miles and have cord showing. Once again, just an opinion, no scientific data.

bob

Last edited:
Back