question-->who pays for their oil changes

question to the group; i poured about 5 quarts of oil in the rocket and checked it level (haven't started it) and looks like i got too much in reservoir- will running it a little lower the level to other parts of the bike?
Yep, you haven't filled the new oil filter or partially filled some oil galleries yet. Check and top if required after fully warming the bike up.

thanks Ishrub- you were correct started it and let it idle for a minute then checked the reservoir lowered. i'm now in range slightly less than full will check it again tomorrow just got back from a short ride wow....as others have stated this oil yields noticeable acceleration much better changing gears..gearbox is like butter. (300v has shorter life but man is it smooth)

Last edited:
thanks Ishrub- you were correct started it and let it idle for a minute then checked the reservoir lowered. i'm now in range slightly less than full will check it again tomorrow just got back from a short ride wow....as others have stated this oil yields noticeable acceleration much better changing gears..gearbox is like butter. (300v has shorter life but man is it smooth)

Is Motul 7100 4T 10w40 red in color?

Is Motul 7100 4T 10w40 red in color?
nah motul has a very unique color (of a yellowish green) the 300v I've used is probably the best oil you can put in the rocket but has to be changed every 3k miles; i'm liking the 7100 oil...shifts very smooth and engine sounds awesome it is good for your daily driver oil good stuff.

We all have a serious engine on our bikes; so good to give it the good stuff!! have a trip coming up tybee island (savannah, Georgia) end of this month and taking the rocket!! would like to know if there are any folks out there who traded/sold their rocket for a better bike maybe for long rides (Goldwing, Harley, etc) rocket is an amazing motorcycle no question just not the greatest for long legs due to lack of fairing ( I know corbin makes one) and the riding position

I ask because my bike has been sitting for a long time following spinal fusion surgery and the last oil change was done by the dealer as part of the installation of the update kit. It was brilliant, clear red in color.

I’ve always used Mobil 1 4T 10w40 in my Valkyrie and the wife’s VTX as well as the previous oil change for the Rocket before the major maintenance.

Was interested in finding which oil they might have used short of contacting the dealer. Thought it might have been a Motul product...since I have no personal experience with this brand of oil.

The search goes on...

I’m surprised by the number of 300v users :p

After the bikes been sitting a while take it out for a longer ride and get it fully hot. The condensed water inside the system needs to get boiled off.

I do it myself , firstly i know it's done right , secondly i work 60hrs per week , would never have the time to take it else where

I'm with you Wrecka, it's actually faster to do it myself than take it in.

Additionally, every single time my Rocket's been to someone else for work, it comes back with something ****ed up about it. I'm over it. I mean this statement as a point of fact: I'LL DIE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WRENCHES ON MY BIKE AGAIN.

Back