Question about R3R drinking oil.

I picked up a couple quarts of castrol on the way home, added a quart, started her up standing upright, oil tank still low. Had to add another quart to get oil to low level mark on the dipstick. So I was down at least two quarts. I have a case of oil and a filter shipping to me in mid May to do an oil change and will keep a close eye on it from now on. Test ride was OK and I'm riding to work tomorrow, 55 mi round trip. Looking forward to it. Still having issue finding neutral, not sure what that's about.

Now back to my original question of what could be the issue with losing 2 quarts of oil after 6K miles. No external oil leaks, no oil blowing back into intake, no oil smoke out tailpipe. I'm wondering if I am blowing out tailpipe but because it's synthetic, there isn't much of a smoke or residue?

Edit:

I do recall looking at the oil after the last change around 1000 miles, I was curious why the oil was so clean looking so I definitely had a full tank of oil a few thousand mile ago. And I probably should mention I ride pretty hard, like I stole it, unless the wife is on the back which is 60% of the time.

Thanks.

JR

Last edited:
I picked up a couple quarts of castrol on the way home, added a quart, started her up standing upright, oil tank still low. Had to add another quart to get oil to low level mark on the dipstick. So I was down at least two quarts. I have a case of oil and a filter shipping to me in mid May to do an oil change and will keep a close eye on it from now on. Test ride was OK and I'm riding to work tomorrow, 55 mi round trip. Looking forward to it. Still having issue finding neutral, not sure what that's about.

Now back to my original question of what could be the issue with losing 2 quarts of oil after 6K miles. No external oil leaks, no oil blowing back into intake, no oil smoke out tailpipe. I'm wondering if I am blowing out tailpipe but because it's synthetic, there isn't much of a smoke or residue?

Edit:

I do recall looking at the oil after the last change around 1000 miles, I was curious why the oil was so clean looking so I definitely had a full tank of oil a few thousand mile ago. And I probably should mention I ride pretty hard, like I stole it, unless the wife is on the back which is 60% of the time.

Thanks.

JR
pull a plug/look inside the muffler do they look like its burning oil?no leaks? no oil water in radiator?more than likely just underfilled?

What weigh oil are you using. Standard oil ( Non synthetic ) or full synthetic . No less than 15-50 I hope. Personally have tried 3 different types of oil , and ended up using Amsoil . It also quiet's the shifting noise. Just a thought.

I use cheap (3$ per liter) 10w-40 semi-synthetic automotive oil w/o molibdenum.

Somebody wrote here about using 5-30 or 5-40 synthetic automotive oil for a long time.

Oil in my Rocket is Castrol Power 1 4T 10W50 full synthetic, I ordered same for my next oil change in a couple of weeks.

Back