PSA - TuneECU might have a weakness on 2014+ R3s.

A couple of examples of how this improved throttle response for me:

- Yesterday I was cruising down our main street at about 2600 RPM, snapped the throttle open from a steady cruise and the rear tire barked in protest. I have never heard it do that on any other tune I have installed in the bike.

- Two days ago I was in a parking lot in 1st and ripped it open from a steady speed (no clutch involved) of around 20 mph and laid very long black strip, again, never had this happen with any other tunes I have installed on my bike.
Black marks follow me around.......:cautious:

*** Pending Dyno-Test for full throttle performance, but it should be slightly better than stock***

1) I have spent a pretty considerable amount of time developing this tune. It is a composite of 5 tunes, refined by data-logging using an LM-2 to collect OBD-2 Data and Wideband O2 data. The Wideband was calibrated twice before I started and once during the two week period I developed this. This will be my base tune that I will develop all tunes off of for the modifications I add to my bike.

2) The tune is designed to give a little more bite from rapid throttle position changes in the form of faster throttle response. It is slightly more rich than the stock tune with slightly more timing. The response is fantastic for my bike, hopefully your bike as well. This has been developed very near sea level elevation.

3) Developed with stock intake-tract and filter in place except the under seat snorkel, which I unscrewed as I find it lacking in both concept and execution. To pull air from an area the rider could inadvertently block with their legs is a bit questionable. Intake air temps did not suffer from removing the last portion of the snorkel, mine stay between 7-10 degree F of the ambient temp when moving, and sitting in traffic rise to about 15 F over ambient.

4) The brilliant minds out there who do this as professionals will definitely find more power in the tune. I do not have the load-cell dyno to do MBT tuning, so I prefer to run it slightly rich as a safety measure. AFR targets for tuning are in the AFR table and are very close to being what my data-logging has shown the bike to run at, with the exceptions of 100% throttle, which stays in the 12.7-12.9 range and Lean-Cruise, which runs right around 15:1 from 0%-5% throttle in the 500-640 hpa areas.

5) My mileage has gone up slightly vs the stock tune using this tune. Lean-Cruise is right around 15:1, perfectly safe and good for mileage. When flogging the bike however, this tune will almost certainly reduce your mileage a bit.

Changes from the stock 20773 tune:

* Delimit the bike for speed (186mph/299kph)
* Open Secondaries 100% all the time
* Raise Redline to 6600 from 6300
* Adjusted Fan turn on temp to 99 from 103 (personal prefference)
* Correct Speedometer error (-5.1% was dead on to my GPS)
* Adjusted F-L Switch points to percentages that make sense (to smooth throttle response)
* Raised and smoothed Ignition table to avoid sudden changes in spark timing the stock map has
* Raised and smoothed the F table to compensate for the raised ignition timing
* Reworked the L table to not be an abomination and provide very smooth fueling in all conditions
* Adjusted Idle AFR for a more stable/smooth idle. It is also very resistant to stalling
* Disabled the o2 sensor (remove the crap stock one and install a M18 plug, an oil drain plug will work or, just turn the o2 sensor back on in the tune. I found the O2 sensor caused the bike to be less smooth because the computer is targeting 14.5 AFR instead of whatever AFR makes the bike smooth and counter acting any sort of tuning in low-load scenarios)

Retard Disclaimer: This is for the newer ECU models, 2013+ R3s. If you put this in, and blow your **** up, don't come crying to me because it wasn't my tune that did it!
Good work, nice write up.

Black marks follow me around.......:cautious:
They have been known to follow me around also.....

Yesterday a Street Glide with obnoxiously loud pipes pull up behind me, blasting away, making quick run ups then backing off.....the old challenge move....... Well when he pulled up beside me at around 15kph, I cracked her open and laid a strip long enough for him to make a right turn at the next light. That's with Hanso's +5% tune.

I imagine tables in this tune you've developed can be copied to the 20355 one (2012 Roadster) to test. I'm very happy with the tune I have from Hanso but would be interested in a more linear throttle response at slow speed.

Thanks for the work you've put into this tune. Look forward to the dyno run.

If I were to load this tune, what changes, in regards to intake and exhaust, would I need to make? Thanks!

If I were to load this tune, what changes, in regards to intake and exhaust, would I need to make? Thanks!

It doesn't require any changes to I or E. It was made using the stock intake and exhaust, it should also work with TORs, D&D, and Staintune without any issues.

Ensure the o2 sensor box has a check in it if you still have the stock sensor installed.

Back