Progressive 440's

Gee - 12.5" and not enough in that order. The stockers are pretty limp. They used pretty low shelf hardware to keep the price in line with the Japanese bikes, so spend a little dosh and get some decent suspenders. The Progressives aren't too bad. The Hagon's are the bomb.

If you want to lower your ride go to 11.5 if you want better steering and ground clearance go to 13.5 (max, the swingarm won't hold a longer shock than that). The 440's use an internal inertia system that's OK, but may sag over time and the chrome works are cheap. Hagon's are completely rebuildable, have a variety of springs available and are expensive and available from only one dealer in the US. He has to order them from England.

Just tried out my new progressive 440s ( 13 inch) rears. Did a little over 360 miles today ( 588km) .Compared to the stockers, progressives give a much smoother ride, ironing out the bumps pretty well & the bike kept nice & flat on acceleration ( ie no back end squatting).
Frount end is still crap; as at 27000km the stock springs have turned into soggy bread :cry: .
Have ordered progressive springs for the forks, yes I'm sure someone might know a better brand, but having already fitted rears, I assumed a balanced match might work well. Anyone know whats the right fork oil to use for progressives please?

Willbers also make springs for the front forks, and may be a bit better than progresive. About the same price i think.
I have the progresives on the back. I weigh 200lbs and have them set in about the middle of the range. Improvement seems good for the money,but if i were rich i'd go higher end, and longer shock for quicker steering and ground clearance.

Back