Product Review: Hyperkewl Cooling Vest

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
A quick scan shows this product has been talked about before but for any newcomers here is my $.02 worth. Riding today in moderately hot (for us) 96 degree weather I broke out the vest with about two hours left in my 380 mile ride. When before it had been bordering on miserable the vest, while certainly not AC, made the rest of the ride pretty darn nice. Very much worth the money to me. And after the two hours I would guess that maybe 40% of the water (based on weight of the vest) was still contained in the vest. So I could have gone even longer without having to rewet it. Admittedly I live in a dry climate (35% today, high for us) so maybe the vest would not work in a humid climate. Anyway when a product works for me I like to let others know for whatever its worth. And the vest most assuredly works here.

Good review. I can see the need if you ride in AZ.
I ride all over the US and a wet neckerchief works fine for me in those occasional 95 - 117 F days and is easy to pack along.

Don't Put it in your washing machine and don't ask me how I know :D
Do it and you will not be hyper cool you will be hot pissed while your taking the washer apart to unclog it :) again trust me :)

On the plus side it fell apart before I pucked up my dryer :D

OK Dude it did happen put yours in the washer :D
Lol, I was laughing with you not at you, in fact it sounds like something I would do. It was merely an expression wishing you had some pics of the debacle, not questioning your integrity.

I have a couple of them and one works well - The "super" all nylon version. Another made of a camo look cloth is junk. Both original Hyperkewl. The only downside I have found is that you need to wear other gear that does not wick otherwise it depletes the water really fast.

They do a neck bandana which ime is really worth having as is the "beanie" - more a skull cap. Combined these bring down your blood temps in the brain really fast when you stop.

What is interesting - and I have yet to see one - is the STAY DRY Evaporative vest sold by REVIT and from the look of it made by Hyperkewl.

I've got one of the Cycle Gear Bilt cooling vests and it works pretty good, even here in humid Missouri.

A friend of mine made a system of a vest with tubing, a cooler full of ice and a pump to cycle everything through. Ran it on his Goldwing trike and said it worked really well.

Back