Looking for suggestions. I installed a pair of Triumph genuine heated grips on my 2020 R3R.
My problem is: they work at max power only and do not turn off.
It is so straightforward, that I definitely have no idea what is wrong. I have that sigh at dashboard w heat symbol and 3 stripes, both are heating, but I can not manage them. I have to turn off the bike to turn them off.
Today I disassembled everything. So I connected my grips again and I have the same problem. It turns on, get hot but doesn’t adjust or turns off.
It is not the button cause it turns on. It is not harness, both grips works and get hot. I really don’t understand…

The circuitry to determine the power draw is in the grips, as well as telling the bike what they’re doing so it can display the level, so I’d suggest faulty grips.
It does not make any sense. If you see the diagram you can see ground coming from battery. Positive comes from instrument panel. So, grips do not control anything. Button just send a signal to instrument panel to turn on/off or change temperature (voltage). The “intelligent” control is inside the instrument panel.

It does not make any sense. If you see the diagram you can see ground coming from battery. Positive comes from instrument panel. So, grips do not control anything. Button just send a signal to instrument panel to turn on/off or change temperature (voltage). The “intelligent” control is inside the instrument panel.
Well I saw "signal" (rather than "button") meaning the grips are telling the instruments their status, rather than requesting the instruments to "do something", but bottom line is you either have faulty grips or a faulty instrument cluster. So I'd say only the dealer will be able to sort it, as he can probably fairly quickly grab another set of grips to try and if they do the same thing, diagnose the instrument pod.

Back