flip,
i checked and didn't see any new messages. i got the the one about the clamps.i'll be getting some after the first of the year:D. the price is definitely right. the **** things look bullet proof. what about the bag kit? mine are starting to look pretty hideous what with this south texas coastal humidity...

greg

My little elves (me and me) are working is Santa's shop over the holidays on varoius items. The liners are in the design stage yet. I have to finalize all the fitment and be satisfied 100% before I'll put them out for everyone else. My bags also look pretty bad. I borrowed a virgin set to do the fitments so I have a good model to gage how I need to make the liners. I'm also going to offer a leather conditioner that I'm more than pleased with. Amy and I have been using this stuff on the Draft Harness and our riding saddles for over 10 years and I've been using it on the bags too. It's a synthetic but it's not silicone and it's about the consistency of yogurt. You wipe it on with a rag or your fingers, work it in, let it sit about 30 minutes and wipe the excess off. It leaves a satin finish and removes all the road dirt. My bags look better (minus the sag) than they did when the bike was new. We have tried all the other conditioners from Lexol to Mink oil and this stuff really works and it don't leave the white stain if the leather gets wet like mink oil and Lexol does and you don't get the slippery feel that silicone conditioners leave behind.

flip,
the timing sounds just about right for me . i'll start looking for the saddle bag kit after the first of the year. do take your time about doing it right. good workmanship is always worth waiting for in the long run.

greg

tbucket,
for what it's worth,i waited 6 mos. for mine:D. it was worth every second when i twisted the throttle and scared myself for the first of many times. after the initial ride,i treated the predators with respect. i found the the system to be very smooth running and very strong from 2600 to 5500 rpm. i do know that sam has put a lot of time and effort in this system and it shows. the power is turbine clean all the way up. it's kind of spooky till you get acclimated. then after you won't ever want to take them off.i let a friend who loves his 109 try it up and down his street and he says"it's scary quick.'' i guess your lucky in a way,you made this current build list. i'll let you tell your own story when the time comes:D...

greg

Sam, I know your busy, but when you get a chance can you let us know how the build list is going, I'm definitly buying a set, just curious how many people are ahead... if its going to be a bit, I might paint my Jardines or do somethign creative to keep me busy while I wait... Plus if I need to send a deposit to secure a position....

I have a pic of your bike with the 3-1 chromex you posted...sigh

Goodfellow , I do appreciate the fact that Sam said I would make the list , I also would be willing to send security deposit to insure this, as I have explained earlier that the bike is about 150 miles away @ the dealer waiting to be worked on; and thank you very much Greg for not allowing me to make the mistake of purchasing the Jardines. You guys make great things happen, thanks! Tbucket.

tbucket,
first off, i would like to commend sam and all the people that were involved in the predator system. that being said, i will say that you won't be dissappointed with your choice. i am very happy with mine. i look forward to your own analysis and critique of the system in the near future. as i have stated before; be careful and give yourself a chance to acclimate to the performance. a little respect will save a lot of skin and embarassment:eek:. i came close a few times cause i was a little impatient and enthusiastic:eek:. when you get them,let us know! it'll be fun hearing from you.

greg

Updates on upgrades

Goodfellow, I will definitely post feedback after the install, and give the upgrade the respect you are telling me it deserves. After reading the posts from Sam on the time and R&D that has gone into the system, he has my respect & trust for his system. I have the anticipation of a teenager seeking his first piece;),well almost.:D Ed

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I found a Predator Pipes web site, but nothing loads when you click any of the links....?

Back