I Rode Mine

For me part of the lure to join in the annual pilgrimage to Sturgis is the ride there and back with my friends. I see alot of trailers but who cares.Trust me hundreds of thousands ride. Once you get there everyone rides throughout the Black Hills and that's what it's really about. My ride is 750 miles from KC and I take two days. If it was any further I would consider trailering too. Last year on the ride back it was 105 with a 30mph crosswind on the semi truck full interstate. I thought about putting my bike on the trailer, getting in our truck cab and having a few beers on the ride home with the company of a couple of fun girls. But my buddies informed me that if I did I had to cut my I Rode Mine patch in half......I rode and am glad I did.

Have you seen the patch that says (I rode my bike to trailer week) Who cares how you get somewere just get there..When I was 25 I could ride coast to coast, not now..If this back goes out I come home In an ambulance and what do my friends do with spike. You have to make allowances for age..Years ago the ambulances In sturgis were equipped for gunshots and stabings, now they are equipped for heart attacks and strokes..I think If your comfortable you can have more fun..So me and spike are flying to sturgis..Te He har har Crazy Jack

For me part of the lure to join in the annual pilgrimage to Sturgis is the ride there and back with my friends. I see alot of trailers but who cares.Trust me hundreds of thousands ride. Once you get there everyone rides throughout the Black Hills and that's what it's really about. My ride is 750 miles from KC and I take two days. If it was any further I would consider trailering too. Last year on the ride back it was 105 with a 30mph crosswind on the semi truck full interstate. I thought about putting my bike on the trailer, getting in our truck cab and having a few beers on the ride home with the company of a couple of fun girls. But my buddies informed me that if I did I had to cut my I Rode Mine patch in half......I rode and am glad I did.

Well Raymond, I'd say I rode the farthest to the Nashville Rally this year at a round trip of 2285. I just feel that next year, if the RAA is held out west, I don't want to ride all the way on the bike. The bike can do it, can I? It's over 2200 miles one way from here to Colorado Springs and just a bit less to Jack's digs. I'd much prefer having the bike follow me on the trailer to KC or somewhere out that way, deposit the car and trailer in someone's drive and ride the rest of the way, with friends like you, Rusty, Tom, Piano and Pig. I don't think E&C are going all the way out there, but I'm already committed to wherever. It's just how the bike and me are going to get to the determined place is what I'm a little concerned about. Of course if I brought the motorhome, we could all ride in that and tell lies all the way.:rolleyes:

I don't need no friggin patch. I already did it.

Flip, you trailer to Kansas City and we will ride from here. I'll be your wingman any day! It's only about 580 miles to any destination suggested so far. Britman you need to get your ass to KC as well and ride with me and Flip.

Flip, you trailer to Kansas City and we will ride from here. I'll be your wingman any day! It's only about 580 miles to any destination suggested so far. Britman you need to get your ass to KC as well and ride with me and Flip.

I wanted to get some reassurance on that early. Now I'm good for anywhere. I'll just sit on the side and let everyone else determine when and where.

I've slipped a few extra Flipmeisters on my brake lever for emergency installs.:D

Will you two be riding one bike or two? I know, I'm sorry. It was just such a great lead in. We'll see Raymond, I am still paying off the wife in "Honey Do's" for Smashville. Leave a woman at home with three dogs and a toothless cat that are all scared ****less of fireworks over the 4th of July weekend. You what though, it was worth it. If the preliminary posts on RAA 2008 are any indication, it should be a good one no matter where the Rockets roost.

Back