EasTexRIII

Living Legend
Ride
05 Rocket III
You guys that run the K&N's that are exposed and/or not covered by the bear claw, are you running the water resistant pre-filters?
Outerwears makes some for the K&N's but not the Ramair. So I sent them a message asking if they would make one for the Ramair & they will make custom covers but want to charge a $15 "design fee" on top of the $31.45 cost of the cover +$5 shipping :banghead: - That's $51.45 to cover a filter that cost $110.00 :rolleyes:
I sent them a reply that if they would waive the design fee I would post an advertisement thread on this forum & they would probably sell more of them to make up for the design fee, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Any way, if anyone uses them on the K&N's, is it worth the $$$$$
I think I may need them on my RamAir if i get caught out in the rain since I made this mod to the claw:

IMG_6177.JPG

Technology and Benefits | Outerwears, Inc

I too have RamAIR -- though under the OEM bear claw. I'll be following this with interest. Please keep us updated.

I run the Outerwears pre filters with 3 K&Ns with a cut bearclaw that exposes the filters.
K&N's are supposed to be water resistant, but I used them anyway.
For $15 bucks extra, come on!

I run the Outerwears pre filters with 3 K&Ns with a cut bearclaw that exposes the filters.

Well, that's really why i posted this is to make sure they work as advertised/are they worth it. it's not the $15 extra, it's the $51.45 total..... 1/2 the price of the RamAir system that comes with c/c filter & IAT wire extension......
So, do you recommend them, even at $52?

Outerwears make them for K&N and some of the ITG filters as well I bet many other brands also.

Not trying to be difficult here.
I can't say I know they keep water out.

I never ride in the pouring rain but I thought they would be good insurance if I got caught in a downpour.
They have kept the K&Ns very clean and they certainly don't hurt.

Back