Install a camera out of sight and have your concerns validated or not. Have a data logger plugged in and see if there is anything that hits the eye on that segment of the ride.
Taking care of the neighbor.c issue, but a data logger? Will google it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Curiosity got me, went out again in 102 temps. Reserve light, 35 miles till empty, and problem happened at about 40 mph, 1st time at slower speed. Hesitation, more throttle, second or 2 and all power back. Filled up, poured generous amt. Of seafoam, minute driving and again at low speed. Hwy. 90mph for 30 min. Took up to 110 for a second. Man, from 90 to 110 no time at all. Did not happen the
rest of the way home at 60 or below.
Dealer time I guess.

I might add that i was following Maurice and when he was stopped for the problem i gave the throttle a fast twist and it seems extreamly slugish not at all like my stock 07. That was the first time twisting the throttle on the new rocket in the road mode.

Before locking your gas cap, empty the tank, then fill it just before starting with some fresh gas.

Before locking your gas cap, empty the tank, then fill it just before starting with some fresh gas.
I took it out just now to burn through the rest of the tank with seafoam, as I only put 65 miles on it and had no symptoms. Felt lucky. Score!! Another 70 miles, 20 minutes at 85 mph, no symtoms. Reserve light just before home.
Think I will put seafoam in one more tankful and not go to dealer yet.🙂
I never had this symptom with other bikes with bad gas if that is what it was. Are these motors more sensitive to that?

I took it out just now to burn through the rest of the tank with seafoam, as I only put 65 miles on it and had no symptoms. Felt lucky. Score!! Another 70 miles, 20 minutes at 85 mph, no symtoms. Reserve light just before home.
Think I will put seafoam in one more tankful and not go to dealer yet.🙂
I never had this symptom with other bikes with bad gas if that is what it was. Are these motors more sensitive to that?
Wow, sorry to hear you’re having the issue. I put 1400 miles on mine in the last few days lots of it in the heat and no problems.

Wow, sorry to hear you’re having the issue. I put 1400 miles on mine in the last few days lots of it in the heat and no problems.
Not as bad as I initially thought. Symptoms lasts for few seconds, then gone. Might just have been bad gas as seafoam appears to have worked. Will know on weekend rides. Thanks Tim!

Update: during todays ride with full tank symptoms ocurred several times, but less obvious, drastic. Just barely a loss of power for a second. Turned throttle and all was well. Riding behind me you would not know.
Called dealer and explained. He asked how full do I fill the tank. Said he has seen this a number of times in the summer when hot, people fill too much, expands, gas in canister, vaccum lines. Said if this is the reason, just ride and it will clear out.
I have overfilled several times.
Consistent with symtoms diminished.
Said could take several tanks to totally clear out.🤞

Back