Power Commander 3 to keep or not to keep

hvacnr

Supercharged
Ride
95 750 Magna, Rocket 3 2005, VTX 1800 2002
I'm having isle issue with my 05 standard. It was either 2000 or stalled. I tested the stepper motor it was functioning, set the idle stop to no less than 500 rpm (barely running), tested the tps(according to the service manual), it had the correct out voltage. Took the bike for a long ride. Low and behold the stalling stopped but I still had the high idle. I removed the stepper motor physically with no change. Cleaned and lubed all linkages. I tried popping the throttle when ti was at 2000 rpm sometimes it would drop back to low idle and sometimes it wouldn't. Of course there were times it would work as it should. After saying all this my original question asks should i remove the pc 3. My thinking being that it may be acting up. I have no laptop to plug in. When I get a laptop would it be better to just use Tune ECU and sweet talk Hano for one of his tunes?

I had a power commander on my Harley. Had trouble diagnoseing why the front cylinder wasn't fireing. New plugs, wires, and a new set of coils. Dealership mechanic disconnected the power commander 3 and away it fired. They can go bad. Especially on a Harl eh. [thats Canadian].

A this started awhile back after I rode the Blue Ridge Pkwy in the pouring rain just about halfway through. That seems to be the only time water touches the bike.

Back