How do you shut down your Rocket?

• Turn key to off

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • Engine kill switch

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • Kickstand down while in gear

Votes: 19 20.0%

• Total voters
I got told by the mechanic at the bike shop I get tyres from that turning it off with the kill switch is bad form as it can farq the ECU. Is there truth in that ?

I always used to turn it off with the key only but was then told to use the kill switch. Just the other night I was told by a mate who is also a dealer not to use the kill switch for normal operation.

I know in my track cars, we only ever use the kill switch in case of an emergency. Apparently it is the same thing. You only use the kill switch if you have to. It appears what I NORMALLY do and what i SHOULD do are 2 different things.

Anybody who knows what is the right thing backed with some tech reason or info would be valued if they share their knowledge.

If a kill switch was a smart way to turn off an engine, they'd put them in cars. I just don't understand why you'd use it. I don't switch my computer off by unplugging it and I don't use the kill switch. Key only, or occasionally the side stand switch if I'm on a slope. It's common sense for a whole range of reasons.

Back