Please Let Her Breathe

From what I understand ( and I may be incorrect) the 2 best options for headers currently available are the CES ( Made in Qld Australia) and the Reband ( Made in South Australia). Many of the owners I know Run either of these two and both are very successful and helping her breathe.

I think there are probably a few more CES headers around, maybe because of their neat look and that most Aus owners live in Qld where they are made.

As Far as performance only - I am lead to believe the Rebands have a slight edge over the CES but is only more noticeable if you have a more modified bike.

I may be wrong in saying but certainly what Im led to understand.

As far as heatshields, both can have them made. I run Rebands and have heat shields on mine and @TOMCAT has rebands with heat shields too. I know that in both our cases the shields were made for the headers so to my knowledge not a stock option but possible.

I'm sure heard somebody saying they had shields for their CES headers but cant remember who it was.

I havent run the CES headers so can only comment on my experience with 2 sets of rebands. Both were specifically tuned for my my bike in various stages of engine development and I think Ric did a bloody good job for me and definitely give him the thumbs up.

Hopes this helps you choose.

From what I understand ( and I may be incorrect) the 2 best options for headers currently available are the CES ( Made in Qld Australia) and the Reband ( Made in South Australia). Many of the owners I know Run either of these two and both are very successful and helping her breathe.
I think there are probably a few more CES headers around, maybe because of their neat look and that most Aus owners live in Qld where they are made.
As Far as performance only - I am lead to believe the Rebands have a slight edge over the CES but is only more noticeable if you have a more modified bike.
I may be wrong in saying but certainly what Im led to understand.
As far as heatshields, both can have them made. I run Rebands and have heat shields on mine and @TOMCAT has rebands with heat shields too. I know that in both our cases the shields were made for the headers so to my knowledge not a stock option but possible.
I'm sure heard somebody saying they had shields for their CES headers but cant remember who it was.
I havent run the CES headers so can only comment on my experience with 2 sets of rebands. Both were specifically tuned for my my bike in various stages of engine development and I think Ric did a bloody good job for me and definitely give him the thumbs up.
Hopes this helps you choose.

Darn informative post, Ponters! :thumbsup:
Thanks.
:D

You live close to nev, you lucky b*st*rd, don't waste time asking questions here, just get your arse round the corner to THE MAN

& let him work his magic. I have to settle getting his stuff posted halfway round the world, still worth it though.

I have purchased R3 stuff from different countries, but the best bits come from that 'Tin Shed' down under. :thumbsup:

I finally got My A around the corner to that little shed and wander whya I didn't a LONG time a go. Definitely absorb what Neville suggests. A true Gent that is VERY informative.

I just received an email back from CES and they said that their system will work on my trike. It was my understanding that the trike requires an extension on the exhaust because it is longer with the trike kit added than the 2 wheeler...does anyone know if this is true and how much length an extension would require?

image.jpg
G'day gents,
After advice to let my ROCKET X breathe. Looking at filter replacements and removing any restrictions for now.
Looking at a Reband Exhaust System also within the next few months. Will wait until the warranty period expire before I ask Nev Lush to do some work on her.
TIA
Is you dealer a GOOD friend?
What Triumph doesn't see ....
I just got my ram air and my bear claw from @ozrider the pipe is next and .... Maybe a 210 from carpenter

I'm Rocket ❌ 107
What's yours?

Last edited:
Back