Supercharger, or turbo installation information please

sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
Hi all.

Firstly

Was wondering if anyone that has a supercharger (or turbo) kit installed would be so kind as to send me or post some good pictures of the plenum chamber and also how the pipework routs under the tank.

Do you have to raise the tank slightly?

I look through under there and there is not much room, need to know if coils, leads wiring etc needs moving.

Secondly I dont think an intercooler can be fitted in front of the stock radiator as it looks like the front guard and wheel would be too close under braking?

Do people fit smaller radiators (and suggestions?) so an intercooler can be side-mounted.

Thanks in advance

The TTS kit can be had with radiator that's smaller but aluminum so the intercooler sits next to it.

The pipes under tank do require moving some of the coils if memory serves me.

The TTS kit can be had with radiator that's smaller but aluminum so the intercooler sits next to it.

The pipes under tank do require moving some of the coils if memory serves me.

Thanks, have looked at the TTS option and that arrangement may be the go, hoping to be able to go under that tank at this stage though and had feeling that the tank may be raised slightly.

Hoping for some pictures to get some idea of what the arrangement looks like.

Hi all.

Firstly

Was wondering if anyone that has a supercharger (or turbo) kit installed would be so kind as to send me or post some good pictures of the plenum chamber and also how the pipework routs under the tank.

Do you have to raise the tank slightly?

I look through under there and there is not much room, need to know if coils, leads wiring etc needs moving.

Secondly I dont think an intercooler can be fitted in front of the stock radiator as it looks like the front guard and wheel would be too close under braking?

Do people fit smaller radiators (and suggestions?) so an intercooler can be side-mounted.

Thanks in advance

it's difficult to get good pictures of the routing under the tank as the chassis and all the wiring is in the way

the tank does not have to be raised at all

the TTS intercooler sits to the right of the TTS radiator. the pipe from the intercooler to the intake plenum/manifold does take quite a bit of arse-ing about to fit, especially relocating coils #2 and #3

for example on Roadsters a bracket that helps secure the front brake lines which go back to the ABS unit must be cut off the chassis (which is painful)

on all models the bracket which holds coils #2 & #3 has to be cut in half (and repainted or powdercoated to do it properly)

i also swapped HT leads 5 & 6 around on coil #3 as otherwise there was a danger of bending them too sharply
spade connectors on coil #3 had to be made up to fit

but under the tank once installed, there is adequate space.
i managed to squeeze in the air temp sensor, blow off valve, boost limiting valve and a boost pressure sensor on the pipe, all nicely hidden under tank

Last edited:
it's difficult to get good pictures of the routing under the tank as the chassis and all the wiring is in the way

the tank does not have to be raised at all

the TTS intercooler sits to the right of the TTS radiator. the pipe from the intercooler to the intake plenum/manifold does take quite a bit of arse-ing about to fit, especially relocating coils #2 and #3

for example on Roadsters a bracket that helps secure the front brake lines which go back to the ABS unit must be cut off the chassis (which is painful)

on all models the bracket which holds coils #2 & #3 has to be cut in half (and repainted or powdercoated to do it properly)

i also swapped HT leads 5 & 6 around on coil #3 as otherwise there was a danger of bending them too sharply
spade connectors on coil #3 had to be made up to fit

but under the tank once installed, there is adequate space.
i managed to squeeze in the air temp sensor, blow off valve, boost limiting valve and a boost pressure sensor on the pipe, all nicely hidden under tank

You sir are a legend, thanks for the pics and info there, just what I was after.

2010_0226_104657.jpg

Hi All

Thanks for pics everyone, its the detail pics I'm after here like R3R Turbos, but all pictures are good.

I'm also interest to know if there's an issue with the front radiator to wheel/mudguard clearance as it looks like there's no room in the front for much, as the distance will close up on heavy braking, or am I wrong?

Keep em coming please.

Hi All

Thanks for pics everyone, its the detail pics I'm after here like R3R Turbos, but all pictures are good.

I'm also interest to know if there's an issue with the front radiator to wheel/mudguard clearance as it looks like there's no room in the front for much, as the distance will close up on heavy braking, or am I wrong?

Keep em coming please.
The muguard was only a issue for me on the dyno. But if you look closely you will see mine is different from Les's and Arto's still two piece but I did not want the pipe leading into the intercooler to hang down low. As for the ducting there pretty much the same.

Back