Lets hear those track times!!

skaarlaj

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3
I have a bone stock 2016, and will be taking it down the eighth mile at least a few dozen times before the end of this year. Just curious what you guys are getting out of your Rockets, stock, modded, doesn't matter to me. I'd like to know your modifications too if you'd like to share!

A few runs from 10.65 to 10.71, trapping between 136.5 and 137.2 consistently.

That was when I was making 187whp, 36 PSI, Avon Cobra. No changes to suspension settings from how I ride normally.

Terrible 60 foots, something like 2.0-2.2 if I remember right.

A few runs from 10.65 to 10.71, trapping between 136.5 and 137.2 consistently.

That was when I was making 187whp, 36 PSI, Avon Cobra. No changes to suspension settings from how I ride normally.

Terrible 60 foots, something like 2.0-2.2 if I remember right.
Very nice! Hard bike to 60' or just taking it easy on the clutch? Great times regardless though.

Very nice! Hard bike to 60' or just taking it easy on the clutch? Great times regardless though.

I was having issues with traction off the line, more track prep and technique issue than anything. Next time I have a new method to try, but, essentially I will describe what Doesn't work.

Hold at 3,000, swiftly release clutch (but don't dump it) while slowly rolling on throttle. Once clutch is out, quickly open to 100% throttle.

While that *may* work on a stock bike, on my Rocket, doing so was putting me right at torque peak by the time the clutch was all the way out, as a result, it would just light up the rear.

I tried both lanes, left side and right side of each lane, it didn't matter.

Solid run! Is that factory gearing / tire height, sounded like top of 3rd through the traps?
Standard gearing (no choices here) running a Bridgestone Excedra Max rear Tyre and yes top end of third gear. I need to work on my launches - no wheel spin (after burnout) but also not wanting to flip it down the track too

Standard gearing (no choices here) running a Bridgestone Excedra Max rear Tyre and yes top end of third gear. I need to work on my launches - no wheel spin (after burnout) but also not wanting to flip it down the track too
Mate when you going to give the other one run ?

Back