Please Help. ABS issues.

Had a issue with the back brakes. At times there was very little response. Continuously had to bleed the back brakes. Flushed system and refilled with fresh oil. Cleaned up calibers and still no luck. After a couple hundred miles back brake would go soft. Really was getting irritated. Replaced bleeder on brake caliber and problem disappeared. Original bleeder never showed any sign of leakage. Worked for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am experiencing a soft rear break after riding for about half an hour, the rear calliper does not get hot, the break feels spongy. I can’t explain what is going on.

I replaced the OEM brake bleeder screws (3) with Russell Speed Bleeders.
The problem still reared up a couple times on me - the worst was while hooning Mt. Lemmon Scenic Byway.
Going to reinstall the OEMs and try reverse bleeding next.

I am experiencing a soft rear break after riding for about half an hour, the rear calliper does not get hot, the break feels spongy. I can’t explain what is going on.
Tried bleeding them? This is basically the same problem i was experiencing. Since replacing the bleeder on the rear caliber problem has disappeared. Did replace with OEM and was surprised at cost about eight dollars if i remember right.

Tis the opposite for me.
Always while hooning in the twisties, the rear brake pedal will suddenly gets frozen and will not depress.
Mass pressure on it will result in slight braking, but not near enough, hence a 'Danger Will Robinsin" moment for sure!

I have never received a ABS fault light running the 240/55 rear aspect ratio with the 140/75 front and do not reckon this is the culprit.
The ECU circumference ratio limit seems to be between 8.17% and 8.47% with the latter being a 130/80 front tire that brings the ABS fault light.
Curious if any others running the 240/55 rear and 140/75 front have had these issues?

I am having the same issue with my rear brake at times. Currently running the stock tire sizes front and rear. This started over a month ago. At least a dozen times the rear brake pedal has felt very hard when initially depressed then the pedal vibrates like the abs is kicking in. The tire isn't locking up!
This lasts for a little over a second but scares the he// out of me. Very intermittent with some days not having any issues and others more so. No codes showing up.

I just pulled the sensor and noticed a lot of very fine metal filings. Hope this is the cause.
IMG_1565[1].JPG
IMG_1563[1].JPG

Tis the opposite for me.
Always while hooning in the twisties, the rear brake pedal will suddenly gets frozen and will not depress.
Mass pressure on it will result in slight braking, but not near enough, hence a 'Danger Will Robinsin" moment for sure!

I have never received a ABS fault light running the 240/55 rear aspect ratio with the 140/75 front and do not reckon this is the culprit.
The ECU circumference ratio limit seems to be between 8.17% and 8.47% with the latter being a 130/80 front tire that brings the ABS fault light.
Curious if any others running the 240/55 rear and 140/75 front have had these issues?

This is exactly what is happening to me!

I can understand all of the doubt about the bleeder. A benign part serving no mechanical purpose other than being a valve to allow fluid to escape. Then again, I suppose it would be worth a try for anyone having the issue. :rolleyes::banghead:

Back