Pictures Don’t Lie

If you are wanting a little more power, I've heard rumors of a little shop in New Jersey that can add a pony or two. ;)
If you are just looking to out power other cruisers you already have plenty of power, but if you want to be able to spank the Power Rangers on their liter sport bikes then NJ is the place to send your bike. :cool:
I’ve seen the carpenter stuff and I’m not ready to go there...........yet.;)

I’ll be doing a Ramair and tune when the weather breaks.

Geeeez Doc...now you've got guys rubbin their hands together all over the globe!!
Depends what your end goal is really...My advise is to have a finished goal in mind cos its so easy to swerve off the line and the whole thing changes....Some, like Steel said, do the Carpenter thing which is awesome...others just want something less. (less is more, in this case.)
I have Gutted the air system and added K&N Triples, added crossover, added Jardines, added PC5 and tune plus numerous other things... bars, grips, led lights, seats, bacrest and rack, mirrors, risers, hiway pegs, and now suspension.
Others here have done similar if not more so there is a huge amount of advice in these pages so ask away...the internet is your oyster!

That is a very informative video and I used it myself when I installed my ramair...just watch it all the way thru then start at the start again pausing as you do each step. I have since installed K&N pods....just a personal choice as I left the ramair on my previous 2014 Roadster.

The two clamps he mentions from 10:50-11:50 mark can be gotten very easily with a 1/4" nut driver, 3" & 6" 1/4" drive extensions, 1/4" to hex bit adapter and the proper allen bit... i forget the size of the bit at the moment. I had those clamps loose in under 1 minute total.

Geeeez Doc...now you've got guys rubbin their hands together all over the globe!!
Depends what your end goal is really...My advise is to have a finished goal in mind cos its so easy to swerve off the line and the whole thing changes....Some, like Steel said, do the Carpenter thing which is awesome...others just want something less. (less is more, in this case.)
I have Gutted the air system and added K&N Triples, added crossover, added Jardines, added PC5 and tune plus numerous other things... bars, grips, led lights, seats, bacrest and rack, mirrors, risers, hiway pegs, and now suspension.
Others here have done similar if not more so there is a huge amount of advice in these pages so ask away...the internet is your oyster!
He's right Doc. If you have a goal it's easier to make logical steps. If you will be happy with 25-30 hp more, then Ramair and whatever exhaust you like will get you there. If your goal is to eventually go with a Carpenter kit (210, 240, or 265hp) then it'd be best to start with K&N RX4040 filters, a Carpenter exhaust, and have Carpenter reflash your ECU. Then whatever package you go with you already have the right intake, exhaust, and a TuneBoy key.

Back