Girls got cleaned up and pictures taken today.

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
Well the Rocket and I are getting to know each other. Went for a ride this afternoon and did much better on handling her at stops and steering than I did the first time. Man talk about reverse steering.

The more we dance the more I like her. She is a joy to ride, but she makes you work for it.

Gave both bikes some attention today and then took some pictures. Wind has been brutal today so I think I am going for a night ride this evening.

Wife and daughter also gave me my first accessory. A guardian bell, Air Force of course. They love me.

I know we have all seen Rockets before and she is stock, but indulge me. This one I get to touch and feel and get to have a personal relationship with.

IMG_4170.JPG IMG_4162.JPG IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4150.JPG IMG_4152.JPG IMG_4155.JPG IMG_4172.JPG IMG_4154.JPG

Been there and still there, Every time I look at the Rocket X I get a rush. I guess it really does not matter which Rocket you own. It is either in your blood or is not. Had a bonneville back in 05 and loved it. Traded it in for Harley Fatboy and still regret it. LET IT RIDE> No guardian bell if it was not for demons and goblins would have been dead a long time ago.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

My dad was a flat track racer. I grew up around and on motorcycles. I think I am a very skilled rider. I started out on dirt and trail riding and understand balance, braking, and throttle control. I did miss out on 25 years because life got in the way. When I got the America in September of 2015 it seemed so natural and everything came back to me in short order.

I got thinking about the Rocket after my first real ride last weekend and today. I have never worried what other people think. Most of my bikes have been between 350 to 800cc. The Rocket is the first big bike I have ever owned and it is a new experience.

Every bike I have ever owned I have felt I could bend to my will. Not the Rocket. Riding this bike is a partnership. I do not fear her. I am not afraid to twist the throttle and power through her to control the weight. I do have a level of respect and understanding that I have not felt in a long time.

I spent an hour in the parking lot today working with her. She can be meek and gentle then with just a slight lean you feel her weight and realize you need to keep your feet planted on the boards and use the throttle to bring her around.

I now understand why so many of these bikes end up for sale with relatively few miles on them and on the other side why so many love them and are so devoted.

This bike should come with a warning label. WARNING CAPTAINS ONLY riders should walk away.

As I rode by the Indian and Harley shops today and waived I had a thought. Scr@w you all. I am on the Baddest Mother in this Town!!!

Last edited:
Holy #hit. Let me tell you a little story. Had a few beers but grin and bear it. Traded in a very fast and built 05 American for a Fatboy Harley back in 2010. Rode off the parking lot on the New fatboy and half way home got to thinking that we may have #ucked up. Well rode the ^ell out of the Fatboy and spent a lot of money on her. Got her up to where it was fun to ride but it took a bit and a %ell of alot money. Did the work myself but got her up to about 120 ponies on the rear. Five years later saw a ad for the Rocket X. Saw the Official ad for the X and busted into tears. Wife Just said this ain't good. Had about 85,000 miles on the Fatboy and knew I was looking. Well six weeks later and a new Kitchen for her (did that myself too) My wife and the grandkid was off to Dallas. Got on down there and had already bought the bike no test ride. They had it ready to go for me. Sat on her and started the motor. Spent the next four hours riding her around the shop getting use to it. Scared the Living #rap out of me, Bought them all hamburgers and fries for lunch while I built up enough confidence to take my new pride and joy on the road. Never looked back. Still own the Harley but now it is my backup bike. Have the Rocket down for maintenance and upgrades. Even so in the short time I have rode her have racked up 25,000 miles and then some. (bought New in Nov of 2015) Most folks on this site are really good people who share the same passion. I for one do not care about one upping the next guy but love to read about a guy who shares the same passion I have for the ROCKET. Welcome aboard . :):):):):):)

It's been years since I had a Harley. I traded a Suzuki M109, and a C109 for the R3. Both would wheelie pretty good, but the C109 needed a passenger to get the traction to lift the front, otherwise it'd just spin the tire.

Back