Girls got cleaned up and pictures taken today.

I have to say the Rocket has not really scared me at all. On my first ride home it was way to cold to experiment with a new bike. The second time out I had more time and hit the read line several time just to see the whole powerband. I actually tried to wheelie the thing in second and had very little success. I did get a little air but nothing much. Does it take clutch to get it up? Simple roll on or snap on does not seem to work.

I know what a tool to be asking how to wheelie a cruiser?:p

I have to say the Rocket has not really scared me at all. On my first ride home it was way to cold to experiment with a new bike. The second time out I had more time and hit the read line several time just to see the whole powerband. I actually tried to wheelie the thing in second and had very little success. I did get a little air but nothing much. Does it take clutch to get it up? Simple roll on or snap on does not seem to work.

I know what a tool to be asking how to wheelie a cruiser?:p
Never tried second , but have done it shifting into second. Once by accident at 70 with a passenger, I thought I dropped to 3rd but it was 2nd, and got on it hard. Front tire went up, and didn't come down until I let off to shift to 3rd. But that's not with a stock motor.

Stock in 1st gear at 10-20 snap the throttle and she should come up easily. I never use the clutch to wheelie.

After I had the Carpenter exhaust, and their flash in my ECU (stock motor), anywhere between 10-50 I could snap the throttle and she'd stand up.

Last edited:
So your talking about a power shift, not letting off the throttle and clutching to second? My other cruiser bike would rather break the rear loose than bring the front up is that the opposite with this bike?

I’ve had plenty of front up time of dirt and dual purpose bikes but most cruisers that I have ridden are very front end heavy. Now the ApriliaTuono was another story.:eek:

Why would I want to wheelie this beast? I mean it would be so immature right? Then call me a juvenile and eat my smoke!:p I mean why bother owning a bike like this if there isn’t a little hooligan in you.:sneaky:

So your talking about a power shift, not letting off the throttle and clutching to second? My other cruiser bike would rather break the rear loose than bring the front up is that the opposite with this bike?

I’ve had plenty of front up time of dirt and dual purpose bikes but most cruisers that I have ridden are very front end heavy. Now the ApriliaTuono was another story.:eek:

Why would I want to wheelie this beast? I mean it would be so immature right? Then call me a juvenile and eat my smoke!:p I mean why bother owning a bike like this if there isn’t a little hooligan in you.:sneaky:
I always let off to shift, and get right back into it hard. I've hear of some off the lighter guys spinning rather than getting traction, but I'm what would be considered a heavy weight. And yes it's immature, don't do that! :p

I just need more seat time and experience on this bike. I’m pretty disappointed writhe the weather we have here now because I’m really jacked up to ride this thing.

Just sit from a cold start, rev and drop the clutch. the front will come up. Don't let up get the bike at about 60 degrees and shift, no clutch it will stay up. Very Very immature but fun.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

Just sit from a cold start, rev and drop the clutch. the front will come up. Don't let up get the bike at about 60 degrees and shift, no clutch it will stay up. Very Very immature but fun.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:
I will give that a go soon.

Back