Dark Side...The Last Time...Promise!! (Pictures)

I can't imagine how it would handle on a solo bike. My bike is a sidecar rig where it makes good sense if you want to save money on tire costs and mileage range. But I do know a couple people who have put them on Goldwings and these don't have a sidecar. But a Goldwing is hardly a canyon carver
Ya reckon? ;) :roll::roll::roll:

Lots of folks here on the forum have or do run Darkside as the stock rear rim is so wide it easily caters for it and the never ending "discussion' has just about petered out with exhaustion.
You may have have noticed it even has its own Forum section.

My 'niggle' is the different bead lock angles between car and motorcycle rims meaning car tyres never perfectly match and contact the machined rim surface as designed.
Ya either believe or you don't!

Personally I would be happy to run them with chairs but still run motorcycle tyres on my solos.

Ironically for your post I found this in a Google search! ;) :roll::roll::roll:
WTF!
#3 · Jul 2, 2018
Yes ... Yellow Wolf eventually crashed his yellow Wing in a corner that had sand in it. He was running a CT at the time.

#11 · Jul 4, 2018
The CT saved him from the other 317 curves......

#4 · Jul 2, 2018
Yes, he was using car tire and said he was faster on dragon with car tire than bike tire. Front tire lost traction on sand in corner.

#5 · Jul 2, 2018
CT do NOT lose traction . . . on anything! So, you know it was from the front (motorcycle) tire!

Darkside #598
2018 red DCT Tour
2018 Jeep Trackhawk 707 hp

#6 · Jul 2, 2018
I don't "know" it was front tire but yellow wolf said that was what happened.

Last edited:
Ya reckon? ;) :roll::roll::roll:

Lots of folks here on the forum have or do run Darkside as the stock rear rim is so wide it easily caters for it and the never ending "discussion' has just about petered out with exhaustion.
You may have have noticed it even has its own Forum section.

My 'niggle' is the different bead lock angles between car and motorcycle rims meaning car tyres never perfectly match and contact the machined rim surface as designed.
Ya either believe or you don't!

Personally I would be happy to run them with chairs but still run motorcycle tyres on my solos.

Ironically for your post I found this in a Google search! ;) :roll::roll::roll:
WTF!
If I am ever passed in the tight twisties by anyone on the darkside I will guaranteed buy a darkside tire. I would love to get the increased milage.

Back