I decided upon an mostly aluminum trailer to reduce weight, aluminum wheels as well. It's called the EZ Hauler. Sized 5x8 with a 2 ft nose, and 6 ft high. I'm tall so I didn't want to swear everytime I had to get into the box.

Trailer weight is 680 lbs and is rated for carrying capacity 1600 lbs, so the Rocket 800 lbs is right in the sweet spot for loading. It rides smoothly with no bouncing around , so the Rocket remains settled. Installed a Condor Chock to set the front wheel in place. They say you don't need addtional support, but I use 4 tie downs to supplied D rings in the floor.

The entire back end falls back for a great ramp into the trailer. Saying that, the back of the ramp was nearly 4 inch off of the ground, 2inches for the ramp and an addition 2 inches for rubber bumpers to avoid damage to the ramp/back of the trailer. I made a small ramp to account for the initial ramp height.

I like it pretty well, don't notice it behind the truck until up over 50 mph, then the wind sail effect comes into play.

Hoopla

IMG_0942.JPG
This is Melissa's and Fred's rig. The trailer is pricier than my car. :x3:

IMG_0048.JPG
Bike fits tight but I can't leave the trailer on the driveway. For me, enclosed is the way.

Anthony has one of those folding things. Saves a ton of space. Don't know how rigid it is.

You did good 10.5 outda'door with barn door, rear rack and sissy bar.

Back