'OzClaw' is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this helps your queries, Bit biased here but apart from looks you get air cooler from the front direct onto the filters instead of drawing hot air from the top of the engine and Ive done plenty of miles in the rain with some pretty heavy downpours with no issues with a RamAir filter
Riding on 40c days here so if it's going to help keep the air cooler then its nothing but a good thing.

Let's be very clear. The OZ-Claw does have some effect on AIT, BUT to get the full benefit you need to do other things.

1) You probably need a top breathing filter
2) you need a heat shield/wall between the filter and the engine.
3) In all probability you need to move the expansion tank.
4) You may need to fit a radiator wash shield and maybe shield the oil tank a bit.

The big thing it certainly does - is kill the chirping sound

I'm curious about this too, and also whether it's a problem to ride in the rain with this if I install a Ramair kit.

A bit of water doesn't hurt, matter of fact some people intentionally inject water into their engines. Like this on my ute.
20181014_152012.jpg
Screenshot_20181009-143909_Video Editor.jpg

Attachments

• 20181014_152012.jpg
    20181014_152012.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20181009-143909_Video Editor.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 5
Let's be very clear. The OZ-Claw does have some effect on AIT, BUT to get the full benefit you need to do other things.

4) You may need to fit a radiator wash shield and maybe shield the oil tank a bit.

That's interesting. What's the source of the chirping sound?

What is a "radiator wash shield"?

What is a "radiator wash shield"?
Some form of plate that directs air pushed through the radiator downwards away from the underside of the filter.

I had a very scrappy R+D one done but due to some legshield redesign work I had to ditch it. A new one may be forthcoming but is very much a "one day" project.

Even this tiny thing just below teh OZclaw entrance mad a difference of a degree or two

full

A bit of water doesn't hurt, matter of fact some people intentionally inject water into their engines. Like this on my ute.
20181014_152012.jpg
I had water and methanol injection on one of my boosted cars. When it worked it was great. Was terrible trying to keep it tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back